If this was a trip to Santa’s Lap, what would be your “perfect” serious compact camera?
Here’s my concept:
- Compact rangefinder type configuration
- Dial for shutter with auto setting
- Dial for aperture with auto setting
- Dial for ISO with auto setting
- Dial for exposure compensation
- Dial for modes
- Viewfinder and/or EVF with frame line
- Quick autofocus complementing by good manual focus capabilities
- Fast lens
- Weather proofing
- Ability to use AA batteries in a pinch
- Context sensitive Q menu for controls not covered by knobs
- Big sensor, small zoom lens (4 or 5x), augmented by digital zoom (think Sony RX1 with zoom and viewfinder)
Now it’s your turn: what your fantasy for the ultimate serious compact?