January 10th, 2013, 08:59 PM
The 11th Serious Compacts Salon Challenge
Hi team, I'd like to set a photo challenge that people can have a go at. I'd especially like to see photos from folk who don't normally join in these challenges - they are open to everyone and we really do want people to enter, even if they don't think they can win or are a little daunted. With that in mind I have chosen
as the theme for the next 2 weeks. You may interpret it however you wish. Submissions should be in by Friday 25th Jan (Burns Night) around midnight GMT.
The normal rules apply:
1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter it.
2. There are several ways to add your photos to the current salon thread: 1. upload your entry to your SC user gallery (all entries must be present in an SC gallery), which you automatically get if you are registered on the SC forum, so if you aren`t registered you will need to if you would like to join the fun. (Don't know about the "gallery" yet? Then read this: SC Gallery FAQ please read it carefully if you are new to using the site's software.) 2. embed from Flickr or another similar web hosting photo site and 3. use the attachment method. All three are explained here:How to post images in forum threads
3. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.
4. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!
5. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Salon Challenge and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the SC Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.
6. The curator can't enter his or her own salon.
7. Please, don“t be shy...Participate and have fun!
8. Each salon should be open for about two weeks.
January 10th, 2013, 09:48 PM
no 7 is the most important of the rules.
*waves to the shy people*
January 10th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Good, well Luke got his entry in early. Who's next?
January 11th, 2013, 05:31 AM
My photostream at Flickr.com is here
"We can not shake the illusion of the truthfulness of photography" - William Gedney
January 11th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Something nice and sedate; a bow wave.
E-M5 + Leica DG 25mm f1.4
Nic (Canonite, Olympian, Panasonian, Samsunite) ~flickr~
January 11th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Our man in Havana making diplomatically small waves...
Henley Royal Regatta 3 Slipper Launch 1 by Lightmancer, on Flickr
...OK, bit of poetic licence, but...
January 11th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I don't do subtle
Sigma DP1M and DP2M, Panasonic GH2
January 11th, 2013, 09:48 AM
OK, I'm one of those people who rarely enters these contests/salons. And I've chosen the most literal possible interpretation because this photo came to mind the moment I saw the theme. Just a wave I caught at the Shore last summer....
January 11th, 2013, 08:49 PM
I'll be the first to swim ashore and add some waves of gold and earth...
(This has been posted in a different thread in the past, but came to mind when I thought of waves)
Fields of Gold by AZK9lover11, on Flickr
January 11th, 2013, 09:49 PM
This site uses affiliate programs and referral links for monetization.