February 1st, 2013, 02:56 AM
The 12th Serious Compacts Challenge - WINNER ANNOUNCED
Hello everybody, I am very thrilled to be able to organize this 12th photo challenge. I'd like to choose a theme that is very dear to me and that would be easy for everyone to have a go at it. Although we're all happy to win a challenge, the spirit is of participation and having fun in life, not putting pressure on one's self.
So the theme will be
as the theme for the next 2 weeks. You may interpret it however you wish. Submissions should be in by Saturday 16th February around midnight GMT.
HANDS are the most magnificient biological tool that mother nature has created, they can achieve marvels, they reflect a lot of one's self, they are beautiful, practical, magical, artistic and are the prolongation of our soul in our day to day activities. It is a Wonder to see them frozen in action or at rest. I'm in constant admiration of seeing them and yet rarely really look at my own hands. Take a look at your own hands, move them around a bit and SEE how magnificient they are and how it feels good to move them around in a fluid manner.
The normal rules apply:
1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter it.
2. There are several ways to add your photos to the current salon thread: 1. upload your entry to your SC user gallery (all entries must be present in an SC gallery), which you automatically get if you are registered on the SC forum, so if you aren`t registered you will need to if you would like to join the fun. (Don't know about the "gallery" yet? Then read this: SC Gallery FAQ please read it carefully if you are new to using the site's software.) 2. embed from Flickr or another similar web hosting photo site and 3. use the attachment method. All three are explained here:How to post images in forum threads
3. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.
4. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!
5. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Salon Challenge and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the SC Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.
6. The curator can't enter his or her own salon.
7. Please, don“t be shy...Participate and have fun!
8. Each salon should be open for about two weeks.
Last edited by KianO; February 1st, 2013 at 03:05 AM.
February 1st, 2013, 03:25 AM
I'm in !
Last edited by nianys; February 1st, 2013 at 03:30 AM.
February 1st, 2013, 05:15 AM
February 2nd, 2013, 01:49 PM
Beautiful hands up to now, keep them coming :)
February 2nd, 2013, 04:25 PM
February 2nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
May I play? This was taken with my 84-year-old Leica II. It's important to me because one hand is mine, and the other is Mrs Lightmancer :)
Hands by Lightmancer, on Flickr
Sent from another Galaxy
February 2nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
My pics on Flickr
February 2nd, 2013, 05:26 PM
Karen, that lassie appears to be giving the Vulcan salute. You get all sorts at the fringe, eh?
I am so tempted to post a photo of a horse for this one
February 2nd, 2013, 05:27 PM
C'mon Sue, gimme a hand ;)
Originally Posted by kyteflyer
February 3rd, 2013, 02:19 AM
Rofl! You crack me up!
Originally Posted by KianO
This site uses affiliate programs and referral links for monetization.