November 3rd, 2012, 08:22 AM
WINNER ANNOUNCED - The 8th Salon Challenge: The Letter S...
As the lucky winner of the last challenge I have been thinking about an in interesting theme for the 8th salon challenge. After going over dozens of specific themes I decided to make the subject a little broader and I choose "The Letter S" as this salon's theme. Show me a picture of anything that starts with the letter S. Think objects, like Ships, Signs, Shopwindows, Supercars etc but also think of less obvious stuff like Solitude, Siblings, Sorrow, Sharpness, etc.... In short everything goes, just make sure it is clear to everybody where the Letter S comes into play.
There should be no shortage of potential subject matter so I look forward to many great and original entries...:)!
I'll close the challenge on Sunday November 18 so you all have 2 weeks to come up with your best interpretation of the theme.
The normal rules apply:
1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter it.
2. There are several ways to add your photos to the current salon thread: 1. upload your entry to your SC user gallery (all entries must be present in an SC gallery), which you automatically get if you are registered on the SC forum, so if you aren`t registered you will need to if you would like to join the fun. (Don't know about the "gallery" yet? Then read this: SC Gallery FAQ please read it carefully if you are new to using the site's software.) 2. embed from Flickr or another similar web hosting photo site and 3. use the attachment method. All three are explained here:How to post images in forum threads
3. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.
4. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!
5. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Salon Challenge and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the SC Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.
6. The curator can't enter his or her own salon.
7. Please, don“t be shy...Participate and have fun!
8. Each salon should be open for about two weeks.
Good luck everybody and surprise me with your entries..!
Last edited by Luke; November 26th, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
Reason: winner announced
November 4th, 2012, 02:51 AM
OK, I can start the ball rollling. I thought about:
But I'll start it with:
Reminder of what is to come...... by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr
November 4th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Here we go.........
Seagull by andywest1, on Flickr
Camera - Sigma DP1m & DP2m
If I can make just one person smile then I've had a good day!
November 4th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Super Silly Shark Style Squad
Last edited by LeoS; November 4th, 2012 at 11:25 AM.
November 4th, 2012, 11:24 AM
November 4th, 2012, 11:42 AM
To grass, or leaf, or fruit, or wall,
The snail sticks close, nor fears to fall,
As if he grew there, house and all
No fears to fall by G.Don, on Flickr
November 4th, 2012, 12:09 PM
November 4th, 2012, 01:19 PM
November 4th, 2012, 03:35 PM
November 4th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Stones on the shore
20121104-32 by Fin Azvandi, on Flickr
E-P3 | P 14 | PL 25 | Oly 45 | Oly 40-150 | some legacy lenses...
This site uses affiliate programs and referral links for monetization.