Nature Beach/Ocean: Let's see yours.

14io4rl.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

bdpl6g.jpg

ay82ad.jpg

qxnltg.jpg

2e3q1ol.jpg

I forgot about this thread again, despite being at the beach for the past three weeks. I've been posting some sunsets and a couple of sunrise shots over in that sunset / clouds thread. It's beautiful but a little boring - you can only shoot so many sunsets, sunrises, seagulls, sand dunes, etc. But I'm here for another two weeks before we get our home back from the renovators... Here are a couple of sunset / sunrise shots already shown elsewhere, followed by a short action sequence. I've been shooting mostly with Nikon DSLR's, mostly the D610, but I'm posting on Serious Compacts anyway...

Sunset:

14343959388_9d80bbbce1_h.jpg
LBI Sunset by ramboorider1, on Flickr

Sunrise:

14634703195_d62a2eee1e_h.jpg
Sunrise-117-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

Our favorite seagull, perched placidly atop a post:

14663419185_9f466bb85a_h.jpg
Bird & Ice Cream by ramboorider1, on Flickr

When suddenly, he (or she, not sure how to check), takes flight for reasons and regions unknown...

14640439416_27cf7743f8_h.jpg

And dive-bombs the ice-cream truck!

14476796988_9f4a203583_h.jpg

Man, these DSLRs really do track movement like nobody's business.

-Ray

It's my last evening at the shore after five weeks. Our place will basically be finished by tomorrow afternoon so I'm heading back, excited as hell to see it, but enjoying the last days here too. Tonight I had the Nikon gear all packed up and ready to head home tomorrow, so I just pulled out the RX1. And was reminded all over again just how much I love this little camera and why.

Two at the beach shortly before sunset, one of the sunset over the bay. Walking from beach to bay on this part of the island is less than 10 minutes...

14551712857_d9e59c95dd_h.jpg
Last Night Sunset-15-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

14738168185_546d0af9b4_h.jpg
Last Night Sunset-22-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

14551710627_5c1d15627f_h.jpg
Last Night Sunset-131-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

It's my last evening at the shore after five weeks. Our place will basically be finished by tomorrow afternoon so I'm heading back, excited as hell to see it, but enjoying the last days here too. Tonight I had the Nikon gear all packed up and ready to head home tomorrow, so I just pulled out the RX1. And was reminded all over again just how much I love this little camera and why.

Two at the beach shortly before sunset, one of the sunset over the bay. Walking from beach to bay on this part of the island is less than 10 minutes...

14551712857_d9e59c95dd_h.jpg
Last Night Sunset-15-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

14738168185_546d0af9b4_h.jpg
Last Night Sunset-22-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

14551710627_5c1d15627f_h.jpg
Last Night Sunset-131-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

There's something about the quality of the images the RX1 produces which really astounds me. Not sure what it is. But these are quite fabulous, Ray....

My favorite is the first one, with the blueish/greenish tonality, and the bird incongruously flying, right in the middle of the frame.

Two pictures taken on a gray, cloudy day at Cape Lookout, on the Oregon coast. Both taken with the LX7....

The second shot focuses more on the wild grasses at the edge of the sand -
Love them both, a bit different from the usual beach shot! (y)

At the "armpit" of the Dakhla Peninsula (Western Sahara), the beach stretches to the horizon at low tide

14533970260_ac7e1a63f0_h.jpg

shallow-water horizon by bartjeej, on Flickr

Back in Morocco proper, my taxi driver was kind enough to take an after-sunset walk on the beach with me
14494891934_c8267cd816_h.jpg
aziz by bartjeej, on Flickr

There's something about the quality of the images the RX1 produces which really astounds me. Not sure what it is. But these are quite fabulous, Ray....

My favorite is the first one, with the blueish/greenish tonality, and the bird incongruously flying, right in the middle of the frame.

Miguel, I feel that way pretty much every time I see an RX1 image on my computer I want to work on, and then I open it up and start working, and the adjectives start flowing. I shot with a D610 for a while (same sensor as the RX1) and own a Df (a bit worse at low ISO, a bit more than a bit better at high ISO) and there's STILL something about the RX1 files that wow me more. Part of it is the Zeiss lens, which is the best lens I've ever owned. And part of it is probably just how every componenet of that camera was designed to work with all of the others. It's pretty special. Here's one more from the same evening I just processed.

14817158943_eb4cb782a5_h.jpg
Last Shots from LBI by ramboorider1, on Flickr

BTW, nice to see my old LX7 being put to good use - particularly like that shot with the grasses in it!

-Ray

Back