Scottish Mountains

OpenC

Rookie
Just picked up an RX100 on my long running size vs. quality quest which started around four years ago when i ditched my SLR stuff. I spend a lot of time in the mountains of Scotland, which is why small is important (particularly in winter, when there are lots more important things to carry than a camera).

Very impressed with the camera so far, although I've only had it out a couple of times. A couple of samples here from Ben Nevis, and Geal-Charn at Drumochter.

W0TM74c.jpg

a4Pr0xr.jpg

C5nsMEY.jpg

xHWdjIO.jpg

N7c4TVn.jpg

YYnvXFB.jpg

Yeah, it's a lovely little camera. My only gripe is how long it takes the lens to retract after switching it off.. a whole two or three seconds :) I guess I can probably just about live with that with image quality like this :)

Thanks all.

Wonderful first set. And the second is even better :) Great images of great scenery, I'm guessing you enjoy your walks very much. I love my RX100 also, even though that slow retracting lens sometimes can be annoying indeed :)

A couple more from Scotland doing its best Mordor impersonation

Very enjoyable series - we took a holiday in the area North of Ullapool a few years ago, and your shots bring back great memories of the similarly distinctive landscape.
Thanks for posting these.(y) (And, I agree - the RX100 is just superb... even with the lens delay, when switching off!;))

Just back from a week in the Cairngorms / North West Highlands. I have much to do but for the time being please accept these rough and ready pictures of

Stac Pollaidh
tkB8lHe.jpg

Slioch
YB78Ume.jpg

Sgor Gaoith summit ridge
moQJxXY.jpg

Lairig Ghru
klv4xyX.jpg

Gruinard Bay
yhDMll6.jpg

Stac Meall Chuaich
94xBimN.jpg

East Drumochter
TsTGcaB.jpg

RX100 has proved its worth, getting me loads of pictures in situations (swirly dusty wind, for example, or a blizzard) when I wouldn't have changed lenses on another camera.

All superb shots, doncha just love Scotland? Nobody does skies better than the Highlands. A friend recently bought an RX100 for his wife, I don't think she's touched it yet - she's not been able to get it off him. :laugh1: He bought it for a road trip to France and the photos they brought back off it were superb. Lovely camera

Back