Nature Beach/Ocean: Let's see yours.

Miguel, I feel that way pretty much every time I see an RX1 image on my computer I want to work on, and then I open it up and start working, and the adjectives start flowing. I shot with a D610 for a while (same sensor as the RX1) and own a Df (a bit worse at low ISO, a bit more than a bit better at high ISO) and there's STILL something about the RX1 files that wow me more. Part of it is the Zeiss lens, which is the best lens I've ever owned.

I have to agree with you about the Zeiss lens. From what I've seen of it, it's simply....astounding. I have a friend who's a professional cinematographer and photographer and owns quite a stable of hardware, but the stuff he does with his RX1 seems to be head and shoulders above his other work - and he also thinks it has to do with the quality of the lens. And the fact that the lens is so perfectly 'mated' to the hardware, as you mention.

And part of it is probably just how every componenet of that camera was designed to work with all of the others. It's pretty special.
Yep. But they didn't just 'design' it that way....they actually got it right - so it works.

Here's one more from the same evening I just processed.

14817158943_eb4cb782a5_h.jpg
Last Shots from LBI by ramboorider1, on Flickr

This photo, too, has for me that sense of an almost multidimensional intensity to its rendering. Not just the colors but the perspective as well. It's got some 'painterly' qualities as well (a good thing, in my subjective opinion).

BTW, nice to see my old LX7 being put to good use - particularly like that shot with the grasses in it!

Yes, it is being put to good - and regular - use. I've been discovering its limits and some of its hidden strengths. No less a luminary than Ming Thein raved some years ago about the LX7 lens (albeit in a review of its Leica identical twin, the D6) - but it does some things better than others. Some of its rendering abilities are remarkable at the lowest ISO's. And its built-in macro abilities are much cooler than I ever realized at first. Plus it just feels good in the hand.

14663158907_6bbc3741c5_b.jpg

X E2 56mm lens

A savage angry day at Nobbys

Quite befitting my mood.

XZ-1

14965027690_39885c992b_b.jpg

Angry Day 1 by kyte50, on Flickr

15151704225_4547c6f479_b.jpg

Angry Day 4 by kyte50, on Flickr

But to get close on the end of the breakwall (barely visible in the above shot) I had to use the FZ100

A big wave
15128676636_78f3b787a0_b.jpg

Angry Day 2 by kyte50, on Flickr

And another, with the first still rolling along the wall
15151701175_366bd2fed5_b.jpg

Angry Day 3 by kyte50, on Flickr

Back