Mother's Day 2014

Wow, they look in great shape and you're so lucky to still have them around! My Dad would be 97 later this year and my Mom would be 94 in a little over a month, but she's been gone for 14 year and he's been gone for 8. The pain of losing them is mostly faded but I still miss them and finding myself having things on my mind I wish I could tell them about and talk over with them.

Enjoy them while you can! It's clear from this photo that you do...

-Ray

Thanks - When I got there this morning at 12.00 Dad was pouring a Gin & tonic for both of them - A sunday morning ritual "To absent Friends".

They are both the last in their family since my aunt died at 104 a few years ago

My Dad makes the best Sunday dinner I have ever tasted. My Mum's specialities are steak & kidney pie, lemon meringue, & cakes.

Both are incredibly generous.

I thought for a minute that I'd messed up, but, no, there in the States Mother's Day is May 11. I thought the second Sunday in May, but you never know.

Those of us with parents in their nineties are very lucky. I went back to Boston early in March to celebrate my mother's 98th birthday.

It's lovely, too, that you are obviously so fond of them.

Back