Sony Showcase Sony A7 and 7r Image thread

Cherry blossoms & Jefferson Memorial at sunset from DC w/ A7R+24-70

original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Some wide angle captures using the A7 + Voigtlander SW 15mm Heliar f4.5, that I acquired this week.

Yes, it smears and it has colour shift but on the other hand the compositional possibilities and the dramatic output is worth it.

This is the fourth time I have owned this lens. I had two first versions for my M8 and finally the newer m-bayonet version. In between my first and second copy I had the Leica WATE. When that reached a value equivalent to the GDP of a small country, I sold the WATE invested the money and bought another CV 15.

When I sold my Leica kit I sold the lens, never thinking I would have the opportunity to use one again. Thank you, Sony.

Incidentally, from my experience on the M8 I know it is not even necessary to focus this lens. I just put it on f8 and set it to infinity. Everything between 3ft and infinity is, in effect, in focus.

Some Regent's Canal stuff
DSC01233.jpg

This kind of shot is hard to create with anything else...
DSC01238.jpg

Good example of the type of dramatic perspective possible, although there is obvious distortion.
DSC01270.jpg

For architectural interiors it opens up a lot of possibilities - mind you so did my Fuji GSW690 but it weighed about 3 times this combination! New King's Cross canopy, opened in 2013.
DSC01279.jpg

It allows certain creative possibilities that go beyond even a 21mm lens. This is detail from the frieze surrounding Paul Day's 'Meeting Point' (foreground) and in the background the latest installation art, 'Chromolocomotion' by David Batchelor, at St Pancras International Station, London.
Note that this is a 6x7 crop - the 15mm allows the ability to extract in a format most suitable and of course the 24mm sensor allows a lot of 'cropability'. Good combination.
DSC01316-Edit.jpg

A dramatic full frame shot of the 'Betjemin' statue showing other installations and a good deal of the restored Barlow Engine Shed at St Pancras.
DSC01323-Edit.jpg

A few pics from the beach yesterday between jobs. Sorry if these are off, I suffered a severe blow to the head a few months ago and have since developed a bad case of double vision. While I'm able to use the camera(one eye), processing is difficult. I have tape covering one side of a pair of reading glasses while I squint to see the monitor with the other. If this ever clears up I may treat myself to an M!
<iframe src="DSC01092" width="1024" height="682" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe src="DSC01090" width="1024" height="683" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe src="DSC01089" width="333" height="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe src="DSC01088" width="1024" height="682" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe src="DSC01081" width="1024" height="683" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe src="DSC01073" width="683" height="1024" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe src="DSC01056" width="427" height="640" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe src="DSC01052" width="1024" height="683" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Our dachshund Monte had to have spinal surgery a few months ago (to relieve a herniated disc). As part of the recovery process he needs regular physical therapy. Fortunately for us, it so happens one of my wife's good friends Petra is a canine physical therapist running her own company, Aqua Dog, specializing in rehabbing canine athletes/competitors. (y)

I took along the A7 for the last couple of weeks of therapy to document some of Monte's progress. He's made amazing leaps forward in the past few weeks since he started weekly therapy, and you can see big improvements even day to day.

Note: All shots with either the Sony 55mm or a Leica 35mm Summilux.

Underwater treadmill therapy. Gives extra resistance to slow the dogs down and prevent injury, while strengthening atrophied muscles and helping rebuild neural connections.

13988351856_aca25a6468_c.jpg

Monte gets physical therapy at Aqua Dog courtesy of Petra Ford :)
by jloden, on Flickr

13988356806_a7a6fa2528_c.jpg

by jloden, on Flickr

Laser treatments; helps promote healing and regeneration of soft tissue.

13988372036_25304c76b3_c.jpg

by jloden, on Flickr

Taking a break between treatments... he gets tired after a while and you can tell he wants to quit and go home, but he's a hard worker. Especially if you keep the treats handy! ;)

14008305201_97669061b4_c.jpg

by jloden, on Flickr

And some squishy ball/bone exercises, to strengthen stabilizer muscles and help straighten out his back.

14008289211_098e88c129_c.jpg

by jloden, on Flickr

13988381126_76e1836e2c_c.jpg

by jloden, on Flickr

Back