Nature Show "Flowers"

flower power

After the 60's I quit looking at flowers;) but I do have a couple I shot
last year.

8357.jpg

lily1.JPG

White lantana

5363372204_92b4f67136_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

White Lantana by peterb666, on Flickr

I found this on my memory card. I took it mucking around a few days ago.

Each individual flower of the lantana is around 5mm across (about 2/10 ths of an inch).

It was taken with an Olympus E-P1 and Olympus OM 50mm f/3.5 macro lens.

Naturally, this lens was mounted on an adapter, plus a crappy Komura Telemore95 II 2x tele-converter and a 25mm and Olympus Auto 25 extension ring.

The lens is focussed as close as possible to the flower and depth of field in next to nothing so the lens was stopped down to f/22. Additional camera details are 1/4s at ISO200. Lighting was by a single desk lamp brought within 15cm and angled for the most favourable shadows.

I think I have broken most of the rules in macro photography in this one. OK, the result is not the sharpest tool in the shed (well flower in a vase) but I am surprised with the result and it isn't totally mush.

Snowdrops? Now? If so, I am unabashedly envious!

This is not a cheesy picture, pdh - you've photographed them beautifully and from a perfect angle, too. You must have been on your stomach!

mmm that's lovely deirdre ... a friend has recently photographed cherry blossoms in London, lots of earlies this year I suspect ...
@bb - prefocus and hope for the best was the technique here (I was not in the mood for lying in the damp leaf detritus)

Back