advice on replacing an aging craptop

Even with that surgically implanted camera on his face? I think that was an early prototype of the new Google eyeglasses cam.

379px-MannGlassEye_and_MindMesh_2427-2429proc_rotated_cropped.jpg

I prefer to think of myself as unattractively bearable ;)

I grabbed the Lenovo deal that Yeats linked to.....it seemed that was a good match for my desire to spend low dough and a couple others concurred. Doing a little extra research, I started getting off course and found the same Lenovo with a nicer screen for only an additional $200....and then I considered changing out hard drives......and then I got back on track. Hopefully when I'm ready for my next one, more of the cheapo models will have better screens, but in the meantime, I'm confident that it will be better than the old dog I'm using now (which still works fine....much more like a Honda than a Yugo :tongue:)

I can understand that people get attached to their computer decisions.....we do all spend a lot of time with them. But my view is quite different. I'd rather spend my extra dough on the things that excite me. So thanks to all who helped out (even if I didn't agree with your choices for me). It's good to hear different opinions. Even though I'm not getting anything special, I feel like at least I'm getting something close to my needs and at a decent price (if not the steal that lenshoarder would have gotten).

I prefer to think of myself as unattractively bearable ;)

I grabbed the Lenovo deal that Yeats linked to.....it seemed that was a good match for my desire to spend low dough and a couple others concurred. Doing a little extra research, I started getting off course and found the same Lenovo with a nicer screen for only an additional $200....and then I considered changing out hard drives......and then I got back on track. Hopefully when I'm ready for my next one, more of the cheapo models will have better screens, but in the meantime, I'm confident that it will be better than the old dog I'm using now (which still works fine....much more like a Honda than a Yugo :tongue:)

I can understand that people get attached to their computer decisions.....we do all spend a lot of time with them. But my view is quite different. I'd rather spend my extra dough on the things that excite me. So thanks to all who helped out (even if I didn't agree with your choices for me). It's good to hear different opinions. Even though I'm not getting anything special, I feel like at least I'm getting something close to my needs and at a decent price (if not the steal that lenshoarder would have gotten).

I know that when I was looking right around black friday/cyber monday, Lenovo had some really good deals going on mainly on their ideapads. I suppose the thinkpads are built a little better. I went to best buy and was poorly dissapointed. Let us know how it works out. Maybe I'll give lenovo a shot with their FHD screen.

I also didn't meant to hijack your thread. I just figured instead of starting another thread and people had laptops on the mind I could get some other suggestions.

Back