Sony Showcase RX1 Images

Pretty cool - makes it look like you'd been into that bottle for a while before you took the shot... In a GOOD way, in case that wasn't clear...

-Ray

Tequila and I are old friends. I actually WAS into that bottle for a while when I took that shot. My wife was out of town for the weekend and I was missing her and had nothing to do. I had some tequila and a fairly new to me (at the time) RX1 and wanted to try out some uber shallow DOF shots in low light. The cool thing (to me) in this shot, is that the bottle is (in real life) a trapezoid shape.....like a pyramid, but because of the perspective, it appears to be a bottle with straight sides.

14518356077_4653cf4178_b.jpg

I haven't shot with the RX1 a lot since I got my Nikon kit, but we're leaving the shore tomorrow and the Nikon gear was all packed up, so for tonight's last sunset of this trip, I just grabbed the RX1 and walked down to the beach before sunset and then back to the bay (about a 10 minute walk between beach and bay here) for sunset. And was reminded yet again of how much I love this little camera...

14551712857_d9e59c95dd_h.jpg
Last Night Sunset-15-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

14738168185_546d0af9b4_h.jpg
Last Night Sunset-22-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

14551710627_5c1d15627f_h.jpg
Last Night Sunset-131-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

Lines

Nothing major, but I liked to play with the lines, and certain pride with the "Dome", which was handheld with no crop: I couldn't position myself right below the hole, and despite that I got almost prefect symmetry, which IN THIS CASE was part of the attraction to get the photo "right" (although here, I wished the lens was a little more open to get the first complete circle up and down).

Pantheon, Rome

DSC01695_v1 pn2 NIK .jpg

Baths of Caracalla, Rome

DSC01677_v1 pn2 Nik.jpg

It is a pity that perhaps my best photo in the trip was with Nex-5T with Rokinon so I can't post here...

Istanbul photos from last year:

original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Back