Sony Showcase Rx100 images

Zoo visit with my RX100, some of these were at very high ISO, but they turned out quite good I think.

Very nice set! I looked at the large version of the hippos image on Flickr, and I'm amazed that this is at ISO3200:eek:. Would you be prepared to divulge your processing method for that shot?

I haven't tried too much high ISO stuff with my RX100, but this gives me great hope that it will step up to the plate, when asked.

Thanks for posting.

The hippo was a JPEG from the camera (they all are).
Creative style Standard with +1 sharpening.
High ISO NR Low.
WB auto with +1 amber.
Auto ISO.
Multi metering mode with no exposure compensation.
Shutter priority set to 1/500sec.

I used Faststone Image Viewer to resize and added a bit of USM sharpening (100%, radius 0.2).

Edit, forgot that DRO was set to Level 2.

The hippo was a JPEG from the camera (they all are).
Creative style Standard with +1 sharpening.
High ISO NR Low.
WB auto with +1 amber.
Auto ISO.
Multi metering mode with no exposure compensation.
Shutter priority set to 1/500sec.

I used Faststone Image Viewer to resize and added a bit of USM sharpening (100%, radius 0.2).

Thanks for the details. I'm even more impressed now... i.e. that these were from Jpegs! I've been shooting Raw, but I might even give the Jpeg route a try, based on the quality of your results.

Good to see another user of Faststone Image Viewer. I use it for many aspects of processing... a very capable piece of software.

Hi, great images from the zoo. I am still waiting (for nicer weather) to take my rx100 and go to the zoo. From seeing your images I just can't wait. Congratulations.

Hi, two of my shoots bouth from last year. Island Pag Croatia, it was beautiful; my girl, our dog, sun, sea, everything. Since the weather is bad (long winter) a sure miss this
DSC01979.jpg
DSC02151.jpg

Went for a walk today, spring is starting to arrive here, in another week or so I expect to see flowers everywhere.
The RX100 continues to please me. These were again shot in JPEG with resizing and USM (100% radius 0.2) in FastStone.

8623907327_d8df4205c4_z.jpg

DSC03511_flickr by ChristianHass, on Flickr

This one was stitched from 4 images with Microsoft ICE.
View attachment 67577
DSC03522_stitch_flickr by ChristianHass, on Flickr

Closeup of an ornamental imp.
View attachment 67578
DSC03527_flickr by ChristianHass, on Flickr

8625011456_e4468d6d30_z.jpg

DSC03534_flickr by ChristianHass, on Flickr

Not Foveon clouds, but they're not half bad I think.
8623907081_1ebc08d394_z.jpg

DSC03532_flickr by ChristianHass, on Flickr

8623916697_b99ea19d99_b.jpg

since I bought the Nik Filter pack I've kind of overdone it a bit but what a lovely little camera this is.
(This is quite a small crop from the original)

Quick Trip to BBC Salford where Dr Who's Original Tardis sits in the Foyer with two Daleks

8636089008_8967165dbb_b.jpg

8636081012_5df283026c_b.jpg

8636086560_4805966bb5_b.jpg

Studio Lighting from the Match of the Day Studio - no flash allowed.

This is a remarkable little camera although Image Stabilisation appears weak and I shall have to watch the shutter speeds more carefully when using the tele end.

Very nice! (y) Presumably, the 250D filter was just hand-held in front of the lens? Or is there some kind of adapter available?

Thank you, I'm quite happy with them as well.

There are a few adapter options available, Magfilter, Lensmate, JJC. I bought the JJC version off Ebay, but I removed it as I found it added too much size to the little camera. The Magfilter and Lensmate options would be hit by ridiculous processing fees if I was to have them delivered here in Denmark so that's not really an option for me.

For now I've gone with Scotch restickable tabs(!), the 250D I have is 52mm so there's enough room to put a circle of Scotch tab around the edge and it adheres quite well to the front of the lens, while still being easy to remove afterwards. No screwing and nothing permanently attached to the RX100.

Thank you, I'm quite happy with them as well.

There are a few adapter options available, Magfilter, Lensmate, JJC. I bought the JJC version off Ebay, but I removed it as I found it added too much size to the little camera. The Magfilter and Lensmate options would be hit by ridiculous processing fees if I was to have them delivered here in Denmark so that's not really an option for me.

For now I've gone with Scotch restickable tabs(!), the 250D I have is 52mm so there's enough room to put a circle of Scotch tab around the edge and it adheres quite well to the front of the lens, while still being easy to remove afterwards. No screwing and nothing permanently attached to the RX100.

So you use no adapter at all - only the Scotch tabs...?!:eek:

Great idea - thanks, I'll give that a try.

Back