Would not even post
thankfully under extended warranty
they got my files off and saved them
in2 weeks or so I will have the PC back
I tried using my old Gateway laptop running Vista
cheap PC running bad os
arghhhh
nothing polite to saw about that device so the less said the better
When I was at Best Buy I notes and open box, warranteed Chromebook.
I am on it now.
instead of taking 3 minutes to load webpages it is loading, on same connection and page, in SECONDS
Just edited and uploaded shot from my Nokia 808, usineed editor built in to Chrome OS
8581032659_1132f3514d_z.jpg

Night Run by colette_noir, on Flickr
Travelin light for a while....

So, Lilli, you're currently in the middle of the Total Mobile Experience: Shooting with your Nokia 808 and uploading and posting with your new Chromebook. Excellent.

But seriously, I'm sorry about your PC issues. I'd be interested in hearing a bit more about which kind of PC this is and the circumstances surrouding the failure.

Everything I've heard about Chromebooks has been good. The key is to not bother with the expensive versions because they don't do anything more than the cheap versions. But they are nice, basic machines.

So, Lilli, you're currently in the middle of the Total Mobile Experience: Shooting with your Nokia 808 and uploading and posting with your new Chromebook. Excellent.

But seriously, I'm sorry about your PC issues. I'd be interested in hearing a bit more about which kind of PC this is and the circumstances surrouding the failure.

Everything I've heard about Chromebooks has been good. The key is to not bother with the expensive versions because they don't do anything more than the cheap versions. But they are nice, basic machines.

HP Touch Smart 310, power light cmes on, fan burps so to speak, no video,no post, drive was thankfully ok
I got the Acer CB, the least expensive one; 320 gb Hard drive

I had thought of trying the same with my tablet; nexus 7, but it is difficult to connect the phone to it and i like a keyboard.
So at home I rock the Acer via DSL and on the road i use with with my mifi
Geekin it mobile stlye!

Back