Dogs Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amin

Hall of Famer
2748520740_7a660f01c6_b.jpg

View attachment 35005
woof by _loupe, on Flickr

So ... why, you are thinking, is pdh posting a blurry snap of some periwinkle in a "Dogs" thread?

Well, the conversation just after I pressed the shutter went something like "For goodness' sake , your little doggie seems to have inadvertently startled me by creeping up behind me and suddenly yapping very loudly at me whilst I was concentrating on taking a photograph"
[Note, I am paraphrasing a trifle from the actual words used]

He clearly thought you were easy prey with your back to him and an armful of camera! Anyway, I have these in my garden and I didn't know they were called periwinkles so thanks for posting:)

Bella is such a beauty! Does she always where her sock indoors, or is she recovering from a sore paw?

Sorry. Missed this one earlier.

Bella did some serious damage to her paw a few years ago in a car crash. At one point the vets were considering having to amputate some of her toes. Thankfully that wasn't necessary in the end but she does have a permanent weakness in that foot. We came across these dog shoes and tried them out and she's been using them ever since. She's not a particularly sporty dog so the injury doesn't affect her too much - she still has plenty of mobility and is more than ready for 1.5-2 hour walks.

Reactions: BBW
He does look like an Akita, Paul - and seems like a young one. I think this is a wonderful picture. He almost seems like an animal who came upon you in the wilds...but he (or she) looks very friendly. As a matter of fact, she/he looks like a sweetheart.

it is a she, and she's about 8 or 9 months old ... she's getting walked every afternoon around the common, about the same time I tend to take my E-P2 for a walk if I go out ... very friendly and inquisitive indeed, but very quiet and gentle with it ... I'm not really a "doggy person" (though I have a soft spot for Snoop - at least in his crips incarnation 0 ) , but this one is a delight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back