Fuji Fuji X20 at $599 or X10 at $379?

Ken, I'm with you on a 1" sensor. And it sure seems doable within the body of the X10 given what we see from Sony.

Ken, I'm with you on a 1" sensor. And it sure seems doable within the body of the X10 given what we see from Sony.

Yep, absolutely. The one-inch Sonys are little engineering miracles in their own rights but I'd much prefer the ergonomics (and retro looks) of a Fuji X. As I've written above I only really need my larger cameras for some special stuff; the older I get the more I favor compactness and convenience over often unneeded IQ safety reserves, but then I don't leave home without a camera and mainly shoot B&W. I'd be fine with 12-16MP, the same focal range (28-112mm) or even 28-84mm, ~f2-f2.8 or -f3.5, an EVF would be doable too these days, ND filter wouldn't be bad, yadda yadda ... as long as they'd keep it relatively compact. Venga Fuji !
I still can't believe I bought something large like the X-Pro1, it really dwarfs the NEX-7 but since I got myself one of those sniper straps me and my neck are more at ease with the bulk/weight.

Back