Samsung Samsung NX image thread

Yes, he is. I put my NX100 up on ebay, but with 4 hours to go as a "Buy it Now, it is still there. I thought of relisting it, but if it does not move, I think I'll keep it and get the 30mm f2 to use it as my "take anywhere", small outfit. Even with the kit zoom on the 14MP sensor of the earlier model, the look is lovely, and the files are easy to process. I only have it up for sale because I really want a Sigma DP2 (S, probably, for now, as the M is out of my current price range).

Tried out a Canon FDn 85mm f1.8 legacy lens here. NX200
This one with the NX 20mm f2.8 pancake

The modern lens definitely has a different, cleaner look - maybe lacking in character compared to those legacy lenses.

That's right, and very different focal lengths here also. The colour image with the 85mm was shot unintentionally at f/1.8 as the aperture lock ring on the FD adapter can be turned easily and reset the aperture wide open. This lens is a bit too soft and dreamy at f/1.8 for my liking and I'd usually stop it down by 1/2-1 stop.

The underpass and the shopping arcade shots are wonderful adverts for the image quality potential of our little Samsungs!

Yes, all these types of camera are very capable nowadays, but each with their own slightly different flavours. Samsung can certainly hold themselves up with the best of them. Admittedly they were very much "under the radar" for me until I tried one.

I'm really impressed with all your photos in this thread Nic, nice work!

Thanks Eric. Much appreciated!

First pics of Samsung Nx300 with kit lens

I have been using for the last year a Sony Nex 5r, but I decided to try Samsung Nx300 and until now I love it.
Samsung_nx300 1.jpg

Samsung_nx300 2.jpg

Samsung_nx300 3.jpg

Samsung_nx300 4.jpg

Welcome to Serious Compacts, patrisilva!
Glad to hear you're enjoying the NX300, which lens(es) are you using?
Great colours in your shots, I particularly like the delicate herbs in the first one :)
Where're you located? Southern Europe or thereabouts?

Welcome to Serious Compacts, patrisilva!
Glad to hear you're enjoying the NX300, which lens(es) are you using?
Great colours in your shots, I particularly like the delicate herbs in the first one :)
Where're you located? Southern Europe or thereabouts?

At the moment I have the 18-55 and the 50-200. I'm planning on buying the 30 and the 60, since I like macro photos.
I live in Rome - Italy, but I am Portuguese. You?

I have been using for the last year a Sony Nex 5r, but I decided to try Samsung Nx300 and until now I love it.

These are great; lovely colours. How are you finding the NX300? I also had a NEX (5N) prior to getting my NX200 and while it had a nice sensor it had none of the nice tactile feel of the Samsung. Samsung Australia is giving away a free wifi tablet with every NX300 until the end of October and I ca't say that I'm not tempted to upgrade :)

I've been playing with the Nx300 for the last couple of days. Still learning how to use it. As for now I can say it's a camera that makes me wish to take pictures, the Nex 5, for sure held great results, but I never felt it as a camera. The menus of the Nx300 are just great compared to the ones of the Sony. The ifn button on the lens is great, as the Fn that shows the current settings in a quick way, the touch is better on the Samsung side. The autofocus speed I would say is almost the same, but the NEX 5 has less trouble to focus on low light conditions. Image quality is identical, I prefer Samsung's colors, but the raw file of Sony has less noise, I did not shoot jpeg only on the Samsung, just raw. Here in Italy there were two promotions, one was the tablet the other was the lens 50-200 and 2 more years of warranty (I've chosen the second option because I have a nexus tablet). These are my first impressions... I am planning to buy at first the 16 or the 30 lens, but I am undecided which one to buy first, almost everybody says the 30 is great, while the 16 is not that great, but i like wide lens, they are very useful.

By the way, this is how well Samsung's built-in level works...

W76tDkQbUTeDHqujfx4Q.png

So...I take it that it doesn't? :)

Is there a way to calibrate it? My Canon G1X allows you to calibrate it by placing the camera on a (hopefully!) horizontal surface and resetting the level.

Otherwise, great set of images. Bit concerned about that Sauerkraut juice, though...

Samsung has a similar menu option. However, this is not an issue of calibration. If the camera is level, it shows that it's level. However, it still shows that it's level when the camera is tilted by a certain degree... In other way, it's implemented in a typical Samsung fashion: the feature is there, it's just not very usable.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Back