Pentax No love for the Pentax MX-1

Having sold off all of my small sensor cameras and swearing I would not go back, I gave them one last chance with the MX-1 because of two reasons:

1. I love Pentax cameras and have the ME, ME Super, Super Program and MX.

2. The ridiculously low price on Amazon right now was too good to pass up.

3. Brass!

Since I received it, I have really enjoyed using it. The image quality is surprisingly good (excellent, really) and it is as fun and easy to use as any camera I have ever owned and I've owned a few. It seems to me that Pentax really captured the essence of the well balanced compact camera here. Equally, I am impressed at how often the camera gets it right, even under the most difficult shooting conditions. Have also owned the XZ-1 and XZ-2, I knew that the lens would be fantastic and it is. I don't leave home without it now.

chain-2.jpg

Having sold off all of my small sensor cameras and swearing I would not go back, I gave them one last chance with the MX-1 because of two reasons:

1. I love Pentax cameras and have the ME, ME Super, Super Program and MX.

2. The ridiculously low price on Amazon right now was too good to pass up.

3. Brass!

Since I received it, I have really enjoyed using it. The image quality is surprisingly good (excellent, really) and it is as fun and easy to use as any camera I have ever owned and I've owned a few. It seems to me that Pentax really captured the essence of the well balanced compact camera here. Equally, I am impressed at how often the camera gets it right, even under the most difficult shooting conditions. Have also owned the XZ-1 and XZ-2, I knew that the lens would be fantastic and it is. I don't leave home without it now.

chain-2.jpg

Hi There,

I'm considering the MX1 and the Olympus XZ-2, since you have owned both, could you compare them?
e.g. Sharpness, Hi ISO and color

Can the MX1 fire the flash in Super macro mode 1cm? I read that the XZ2 can't.

Many thanks,
wksoh

Back