iOS 7

Sue, are you using the official public release or a test version? I didn't know you could downgrade after upgrading with the consumer verison.

I'm still on the GM, but its no different to the consumer version. That is, according to itunes my OS is up to date. That means theres no difference. In the post above this one I have noted that it may not be possible. I'll let you know :)

Apple has stopped signing 6.1.3, so the usual method doesnt work. I dont have the SHSH blobs for it but I do, for 6.1. This is where it starts getting complicated. So I am not going to do it (well not now, anyway). Apple was pretty damned quick this time, they usually leave it a few days before they stop signing the older version :(

I've got an iPhone 4 but will probably not upgrade, some of the ******* features won't run on my phone anyway!

Edit: who would have thought that "mar" - "quee" is a banned word!?

When I first tried iOS 7 I thought it looked garish... However, after going back to iOS 6 I realized it felt ancient. Moving from iOS 6 to iOS 7 feels like moving from an old tiny apartment full of dark wood and heavy curtains to a vast, clean, modern space with huge windows and white walls.

I broke down and decided to load up iOS 7. Wow. It does look nice!! Liking it so far!! Maybe it's novelty, but it does have a more modern feel.

The look of the O/S in terms of some of the buttons is OK, but the 'brainwash' effect of the auto-zoom when closing things is reminiscent of MTV and stuff the CIA dinked with for years in their experiments. Lest anyone reply negatively to mention of CIA it's only the real part I refer to, not something you might imagine or hear about on fox news. It might look sexy to some people, but it adds motion and graphic content that's unnecessary and potentially harmful over the long term.

Well, after a full day of iOS 7 on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4s, I can say that the new OS is working fine. But I'm still generally not impressed with the formating, graphics and UI. Psrhaps i'm just a spoiled Mac brat.

I changed the font to "bold," which helped quite a bit. I also turned on "reduce motion" to save on battery life a bit and I'm thinking about using "increase contrast," to cut down on some of the fancy translucent graphics and save more battery life. But I'm undecided. Maybe I'll do that on the phone, where one can't see the graphics as much on the smaller screen and battery life is more critical.

But I can say iOS 7 seems to work well enough on both the iPad 2 and iPhone 4s, if anyone here is concerned about that. I understand that the new OS will also work on the regular iPhone 4 but not quite as smoothly.

Any explanation or reference links?

Common sense and long term study. Any unnecessary moving video objects have potential for harm, just like watching a lot of TV has that potential. Posting any and all links here will just bring the flamers in like a magnet. But I think you already know that.

My Ipad and Iphone are too old to update and now abandoned by Apple but I updated my wife's Ipad this afternoon trying to be helpful.
She took one look at it and said that there's no way she wants her Iphone 4 updated.

I think she may have a point..the new graphics look very naive to me.
If I had any Apple shares I'd be selling them.

Only video objects? That's suspicious. I'd say we should investigate potential harm caused by watching leaves rustling in the wind or, you know, swirling water under the bridge. :rolleyes:

So your abusive comment says that those Japanese children who were hospitalized after watching Pokeman on TV - they just made it up? I can go on with a hundred more if you insist on trolling here.

I think you need to take care with your language , Dale.
Accusing another member of being abusive and trolling is rather serious if not inflammatory, and from where I sit, not remotely justified

From 1997, Pokemon-induced seizures:

"the animators used a rapidly-strobing technique that flashed red and blue lights on the screen, to make the explosion look "virtual". Like something you'd see in Tron, or the Lawnmower Man"

from The Banned Pokémon Episode That Gave Children Seizures

I have read elsewhere that real life stroboscopic effects have caused seizures in people.

More from the link
"So what caused "Pokémon Shock"? Ultimately, it was found to be a combination of the effects of strobe lighting combined with the sheer popularity of the program. It's estimated that around 1 in 4000 people are vulnerable to "photosensitive seizures" and other health issues when viewing strobe lighting. That may sound minor, but when you consider over four million kids were watching that particular episode, it's easy to see why so many were struck down."

I don't think this is related to iOS7, AFAIK. At least, I've not heard of this kind of "flying in icon" creating issues.

Mary Hart's voice used to cause Kramer to have seizures ;)

Dale, with apologies -- are you a medical researcher or doctor in this space? You might know more than I do, but I've never heard of the kinds of claims you are making. Common sense doesn't do it for me, either, as my common sense isn't tell me these flying icons are dangerous. So I was wondering about real examples.

I think you need to take care with your language , Dale.
Accusing another member of being abusive and trolling is rather serious if not inflammatory, and from where I sit, not remotely justified

I made a serious post and that member made fun of me. Now you can claim it's not abusive, but I'm confident that if I run it past a few of my people, they will confirm that it is. If that member is willing to apologize and you are willing to withdraw this post and be serious here, then we could continue civilly as was the case when I posted what I did.

Back