Fuji X-A1 Image Quality better than X-M1 (and X-E1 and X-PRO1)?

Picked up a blue XA1 this morning. I know a 12 year old who will be very pleased come this Sunday. :) It is a very pretty little camera, to say the least.

I haven't had a chance to have a play with it yet (after all the batteries need to be charged :)). But I will be doing my own Xtrans vs bayer test this weekend. I expect the difference to be some where between "stuff all" and insignificant.

Gordon

I'd be more serious about buying one but I'm already invested in mft. I'm also unsure of the auto focus vs mft.

I'd be more serious about buying one but I'm already invested in mft. I'm also unsure of the auto focus vs mft.

Current m4/3 flogs the X series in AF speed. It's not even a contest. But the Fuji's also lead to a different approach to taking photos which I quite like. For now the EM5's are still needed for work stuff though.

Gordon

Iridient Developer now supports the X-A1 and CA correction metadata, so I was able to update my shootout gallery on Flickr with two Iridient samples. I found that deconvolution sharpening worked great with X-Trans (so I used this method for the X-M1 samples), while hybrid sharpening appears to be more effective with Bayer (so I used this method for the X-A1 samples).

Super impressed with XA-1. Here's a JPG with kit lens, 50mm, f5.6, 1/125, ISO 5000, straight out of camera.

Reduced to 1024 via LR5; crops via LR5; no PP.

attachment.php

100% crop

attachment.php

100% crop

attachment.php

Got to love that little beauty - both the cat as well as the X-A1. You may well have been correct when you'd suggested that it would have been the "right" choice for me, Rico.

The 16-50 sells used for about $150-200, and you can get the X-A1 at warehouse deals for $459. Pretty well priced camera!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Remember, I'm the skinflint who has waited for 4 years to finally buy myself an iPad!!!

Of course I checked it out on B&H...hadn't looked at Amazon.:alcoholic:

You guys are too much - sure I want it. I want Santa Claus to put my darn kitchen in, too and if I had to choose...or shall I say I were able to choose - I'd go for the kitchen and cook all those delicious veggie's in Rico's picture! My cardboard countertops are getting old.

I will say that it's a very enticing camera. I can't remember if anyone else around here has one. I know Bill/wt21 is interested.

Back