Fuji X-A1 Image Quality better than X-M1 (and X-E1 and X-PRO1)?

thanks for posting these flysurfer...seriously considering the x-a1 for myself...i can find it here, France, for 539 euros with a 50 euro rebate bringing it under 500 till mid january with the kit lens...

are these all with the kit lens?

Well, I made an effort to include EXIFs and all relevant information in Flickr, so I recommend that those of you who are interested in these shots look them up on Flickr by clicking on the pics (I posted each image in several resolutions including dull size or half size).

Well, I made an effort to include EXIFs and all relevant information in Flickr, so I recommend that those of you who are interested in these shots look them up on Flickr by clicking on the pics (I posted each image in several resolutions including dull size or half size).

ok, thanks...went back to look again for lens info...and yes, thanks for the full size images, gives me a rough idea for what i can expect from file quality...

X-A1 looks appealing to me but alas no EVF =(

I prefer viewfinders myself. But you should ask those who own and use the X-A1 how the rear LCD is in bright daylight. Anyone care to chime in?

EDIT: While I'm at it... I'd like to know, from anyone who has worked with both cameras, if it's worth dumping a Pentax K-01 for a Fuji X-A1. My gut tells me no, but...

I work at a camera store and use the X-A1 and the X-E1/2 extensively (we photograph all our products with X series cameras despite having access to Canon 5D, Nikon Df, Sony A7)

It comes down to battery life and style of shooting for me.

Actually, what impressed me most about this thread, is that flysurfer is doing a great job of selling the plasticky, inferior, dog-slow Fuji 16-50mm... :big grin:

I was considering an X-E1 because it's pretty cheap now, to use with MF primes and one of the Fuji zooms (maybe save up for the 18-55). But this is great stuff from the X-A1/16-50, which is the cheapest of all. I really had to stare hard at the samples to see differences between X-A1 and X-M1, the X-A1 saves you money to put towards a nice Fuji prime, or say upgrade you to the 18-55 over the 16-50.

Got to say I think I've seen too many shots of ducks over the last couple of years. People testing their new camera/lens/flash ! And most if not all that I have seen are boring dreary same old ducking trash ! (Including mine)
But I like this. For me it could be the ultimate duck shot . :)

Actually, what impressed me most about this thread, is that flysurfer is doing a great job of selling the plasticky, inferior, dog-slow Fuji 16-50mm... :big grin:

I was considering an X-E1 because it's pretty cheap now, to use with MF primes and one of the Fuji zooms (maybe save up for the 18-55). But this is great stuff from the X-A1/16-50, which is the cheapest of all. I really had to stare hard at the samples to see differences between X-A1 and X-M1, the X-A1 saves you money to put towards a nice Fuji prime, or say upgrade you to the 18-55 over the 16-50.
I was sceptical about the 16-50 but I have to say I am really impressed with the results on my X-E1. Shame it's so plasticky though.

Back