Street Street photography (Image thread)

Well someone's excited about going to a party.
R0019997 copy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

50701342956_05d0b97022_h.jpg

Noble Falls Maintenance – GMOPE 02
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The first day of our father and son three-week exploration north to the Gascoyne to follow the Gascoyne Murchison Outback Pathway saw us having broken free of the shackles of the metro area, stopping at Noble Falls for a walk and exploration of the area.

Good to see the City of Swan maintaining the facilities.

#Gascoyne Murchison Outback Pathway Exploration July-August 2020.

072.jpg

Engrossed

073.jpg

Budding Fishermen

074.jpg

Sketching, reading, chatting

All the above date from the 1970's and were taken with a Mamiya Press camera with 90mm f/3.5 Mamiya Sekor lens.

Barrie

Water Rats

These lads, no doubt bought up around the quayside and boats, are diving off the memorial erected in Plymouth at the Mayflower Steps. This isn't the exact spot where the Mayflower departed since the pier wasn't built until some 200 years later at the instigation of Admiral McBride who's name is commemorated on the pub mostly obscured in the first image.

283.jpg

284.jpg

Both images with the Mamiya Press and 90mm f/3.5 Mamiya Sekor lens.

Barrie

Newspaper seller.jpg

Newspaper Seller

5 pence for an evening newspaper firmly dates this image to sometime in the 1970's. outside the main Post Office in Plymouth, it will be with my Leica M3 and a 35mm Summaron I reckon. I've got a Bessa R and a full collection of Voigtlander LTM lenses, I'm tempted in the New Year to get back into film photography, there's something about monochrome film scans that seems to be missing from digital images, I wish I knew what it was.

Barrie

I've just spent a fruitless couple of hours on my windows machine trying to get the Silverfast software to work properly with my OpticFilm 7600i scanner which decided to play up in big way. It demanded my software code number which of course I could not locate. I then found information for VueScan software on my Linux machine and more in hope than expectation transferred the scanner to it. Within a few minutes I'd made my first scan.
I know it's in Plymouth and I know roughly where it is based on images alongside it on the film strip, but I'm mystified as to what street it actually is, except to say that it's obviously very run down, well it was in the mid 1970's, goodness knows if it's still there. Getting this working under Linux is a bit like getting an unexpected Christmas gift :D

2020-12-23-0002.jpg

Man and bicycle

Kodak Tri-X in Leica M3

Barrie

Back