B&H Photo

LeicaPlace

Think Tank Photo

Introducing the New Retrospective®5 Camera Bag

Mu-43

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Real Name
    Jack

I bought the collection when it was on sale. But I still don't even know how to use them!!
    Armanius
    My Flickr
    Current Gear: A little bit of this and a little bit of that, but want more!

Real Name
    Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by Armanius View Post
    I bought the collection when it was on sale. But I still don't even know how to use them!!
    I watched a couple YouTube videos to get me started. Then I just played around with the plugins. My favs are Dfine, Viveza, Color Efex and Silver Efex. Haven't used the rest, but the new Analog Efex looks interesting.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by twokatmew; November 1st, 2013 at 01:05 AM.
    C&C welcomed and encouraged!
    Flickr | ebay FB: twokatmew

3. The following member thanks twokatmew for this post:

Real Name
    Chris

Hey, this is a pretty cool little effect. I put a recent photo from the Golden October PAD thread through some Analog FX treatment. (original: http://www.flickr.com/photos/staticantics/10355531226/ )

A lot of very interesting effects and fun analog feels. Nice bonus to the Nik collection.

Expeimenting with Analog FX by staticantics, on Flickr

Worth a try, my 2008 laptop runs it without any problems.
    staticantics on: Flickr. My photos by camera: OM-D E-M5 | 7D | 6D | S110 | Smartphone

5. The following member thanks staticantics for this post:

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I tried to open Photoshop CS5 and got an error message MSVCP110.dll is missing, reinstall PS. I checked my Nik folder and saw that Analog FX had been installed on this machine. The Photoshop site said to contact Nik. The error message freezes on the screen and I have to restart to get rid of it. Happy Halloween.

7. The following member thanks ricks for this post:

Thanks, Sue. I got a "no updates available" message so browsed for a solution. This is a link to a google support page for those who could not get the update.
    https://plus.google.com/+NikPhotogra...ts/4KBGNEJTsWP

However, installing the trial version means loosing the registration keys. So I did send an email to google. To be continued....

Oddly enough, yesterday, Nik Suite stopped working for me and an error window appeared each time I tried to run it warning me that a .dll file was missing.

Annoyed, I tried to reinstall the suite but couldn't find where I had stored the download when first installed. Nothing for it but to re-download from the website. I noticed the new AnalogFX but wasn't too interested.

I reinstalled the lastest version, everything started working again and the suite now includes AnalogFX.

Conclusion: the NIK auto-installer does not work or has a conflict with 64bit W7, or it is highly coincidental that my legal version started to error and could only be fixed by a redownload.

LouisB

10. The following member thanks biglouis for this post:
    Real Name
    Martin Connolly

Folks, this thread tells you what to do if you get the "MSVCP110.dll is missing" message:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...-software.html
    Cheers, Martin
    ==========
    [Flickr] [Tumblr] [500px] [trying Ipernity for size]
    Current cameras: Sony RX100, Pentax K-r, Nikon V1
    Previous cameras (those I can recall): Pentax SF7 / Q, Nikon D40, Sony NEX-5N / HX7V / HX20V, Fuji F70EXR / X10, Panasonic GX1 / FZ8 / TZ40, Canon A20 / A60 / A700 / G12

12. The following member thanks theoldsmithy for this post:
    Real Name
    Martin Connolly

Yes, some nice effects, e.g. this one has transformed a snap I took in Madrid recently:

DSC00271aep by theoldsmithy, on Flickr
    Cheers, Martin
    ==========
    [Flickr] [Tumblr] [500px] [trying Ipernity for size]
    Current cameras: Sony RX100, Pentax K-r, Nikon V1
    Previous cameras (those I can recall): Pentax SF7 / Q, Nikon D40, Sony NEX-5N / HX7V / HX20V, Fuji F70EXR / X10, Panasonic GX1 / FZ8 / TZ40, Canon A20 / A60 / A700 / G12

14. The following 4 members thank theoldsmithy for this post:

Fauxness..... by christilou1, on Flickr

16. The following 2 members thank christilou for this post:

I tried to install the windows trial and the upgrade did NOT pick up my licenses, even my existing software had nag dialogue boxes that they were only trial. I did a system restore to try to get it all back and now my Nik plugins aren't functional at all. Since.. it's about time anyway, I will be embarking on a computer reformat this weekend and re-install everything fresh. I'm starting to lag from all the junk on here anyway. Backing up my photos right now :)

*When I had to do a reformat some time ago and reinstalled the Nik software there were prompts to update to the newest versions. I am HOPING that this is still the case and has not change since the company was sold. As far as I know, short of not having Analog, all WAS up to date.
    Last edited by Isoterica; November 1st, 2013 at 12:21 PM.

18. The following member thanks Isoterica for this post:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast