Sony Showcase Sony A7 and 7r Image thread

Here's a few with the 40mm Summicron-C and A7 (straight out of the camera).

11158719925_9bffaa1c03_z.jpg

11158803983_176a7173f7_z.jpg

11157845555_7368320b1d_z.jpg

11158704353_fa9aa13afa_z.jpg

11158364896_a4af008665_z.jpg

We certainly have lots of real eateries here, don't need to walk far from our home for some terrific duck and bbq or roast pork.

Just read your icon... Jack is coming back? Fantastic!

Yes!!! Summer 2014. It was slated for May. But looks like they are running behind. Super excited!

Haven't seen you around in the forums for a while!

I hope Jack's daughter is kidnapped again because it just wouldn't be the same without her life in peril. ;)

True, I've not been around much. I succumbed to the dark side and shot a D800 for the last year but decided it just wasn't for me. I love the full sized beast at times but more often hated the full sized beast. Currently I'm embarking on a long term relationship with an A7r to figure out just how deep my hate can run, but first, the honeymoon. Likin' it so far. :D

Awww shucks! Nothing wrong with the evil D800! I may embark to the dark side myself if I pick up a Nikon DF!

And they need to kill the daughter off. I used to fast forward through all the scenes involving Kim Bauer.

What lenses are you shooting the A7r with?

I'm using the FE35/2.8, have a FE55/1.8 coming in (very excited about that one). The jury of one is still out on the 35mm... I think I'll like it for convenience and it does look good closer in. For distant horizons, not so sure. Fortunately that's no really an issue for me.

I'm also shooting my old C/Y Zeiss and Nikon Ai/Ai-S lenses that I've been hanging on to, just waiting for an adapter to show up so I can slap on the Nikkor 20/3.5 28/2.8 50/1.4 85/2 135/2. Manual focus on the A7r is easier than on the GXR and I credit that to the much, no, infinitely (!) better viewfinder.

As I'd sold my Zeiss ZM Biogon lenses, I'm sitting on the side lines waiting for the smoke to clear with respect to rangefinder glass, especially wide angle lenses, on the A7r but will no doubt pick up a couple of focal lengths for more portability. Am really liking the ZM50/1.5 Sonnar on the camera but don't own one at this point... and not sure I need yet another 50mm kicking about. Ok, maybe.

nice dog chris. however your photo illustrates a potential difficulty with these cameras, namely the incredibly thin DOF and its effect on low light photography, especailly as they have no IBIS. my estimate is they lose 2-3 stops to m4/3 and 1-2 to apsc in DOF. that could be a pretty big deal when the DOF/shutter speed you need puts you at 3200 on m4/3. to achieve the same result youd be shooting at 12,800! i do about a third of my stuff in low light and this issue has stopped me in my tracks at this price point, even though generally the results these cams produce are excellent.

I'm using the FE35/2.8, have a FE55/1.8 coming in (very excited about that one). The jury of one is still out on the 35mm... I think I'll like it for convenience and it does look good closer in. For distant horizons, not so sure. Fortunately that's no really an issue for me.

I'm also shooting my old C/Y Zeiss and Nikon Ai/Ai-S lenses that I've been hanging on to, just waiting for an adapter to show up so I can slap on the Nikkor 20/3.5 28/2.8 50/1.4 85/2 135/2. Manual focus on the A7r is easier than on the GXR and I credit that to the much, no, infinitely (!) better viewfinder.

As I'd sold my Zeiss ZM Biogon lenses, I'm sitting on the side lines waiting for the smoke to clear with respect to rangefinder glass, especially wide angle lenses, on the A7r but will no doubt pick up a couple of focal lengths for more portability. Am really liking the ZM50/1.5 Sonnar on the camera but don't own one at this point... and not sure I need yet another 50mm kicking about. Ok, maybe.

One can never have too many 35s or 50s!

nice dog chris. however your photo illustrates a potential difficulty with these cameras, namely the incredibly thin DOF and its effect on low light photography, especailly as they have no IBIS. my estimate is they lose 2-3 stops to m4/3 and 1-2 to apsc in DOF. that could be a pretty big deal when the DOF/shutter speed you need puts you at 3200 on m4/3. to achieve the same result youd be shooting at 12,800! i do about a third of my stuff in low light and this issue has stopped me in my tracks at this price point, even though generally the results these cams produce are excellent.

It would be less of an issue further from subject tho, yes?

Btw sorry for three replies in a row... U all know I'm a post pig... Actually I'm just on the iPad with spotty internet and don't wanna buyout between flashes of signal by taking too long refiguring out the multiple quote. Lol!

well the math would be the same regardless of distance. you shoot a 90/2 summicron wide open on FF at infinity in the dark and i dont think youll be happy with the result. ):

Back