Sony Showcase Sony A7 and 7r Image thread

A7R+Mitakon 50mm 0.95 at low light, impressive & heavy lens. The focus/aperture (clickless) rings are not smooth as CV/Zeiss/Leica lenses, but the mfd is 50cm is better. Our cat was not very cooperative and mf at 0.95 is a challenge even with a head move...

original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

A7R+Mitakon 50mm 0.95 at low light, impressive & heavy lens. The focus/aperture (clickless) rings are not smooth as CV/Zeiss/Leica lenses, but the mfd is 50cm is better. Our cat was not very cooperative and mf at 0.95 is a challenge even with a head move...

Nice... I just picked one of these up recently too. I missed having at least one crazy fast lens and figured might as well get something for the A7 that'd let me play with extra shallow DoF :D

It's a surprisingly good lens, especially considering the price range!

Popflash is selling them for $747 as a demo copy in ebay. This was the last one in the first batch which included 8 lenses and now I see they are selling another batch. The lens box is even impressive given the price. Nearest competition is selling for $3K and wide open Mitakon looks better:
The 0.95 Shootout - Mitakon / Zhongyi Speedmaster 50/0.95 vs. SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95

A couple in FM forum sent it back due to lens loosening. Mine is right now pretty tight but we'll see. I know it will not be used every day with its weight but it gives you that special look...

Nice... I just picked one of these up recently too. I missed having at least one crazy fast lens and figured might as well get something for the A7 that'd let me play with extra shallow DoF :D

It's a surprisingly good lens, especially considering the price range!

original.jpg

original.jpg

Love these, lovely colour and contrast and of course the subject!

Lizzie

A7R + FE55 1.8

16138740632_06f47ffc0b_b.jpg
Lizzie by christilou1, on Flickr

View attachment 104957Lizzie by christilou1, on Flickr

I made such a mess of this series. The light was almost gone but she was sitting by the window so I thought I would try using back button focussing. I was in manual mode and forgot to implement auto iso and I badly underexposed these by 3 to 4 stops. I put them both through Nik Dfine.

Web sized images look good to me on my laptop screen... If you pull them that much and it looks like this, then maybe I don't need the Mitakon:) Current sensors are pretty good in that way...

I made such a mess of this series. The light was almost gone but she was sitting by the window so I thought I would try using back button focussing. I was in manual mode and forgot to implement auto iso and I badly underexposed these by 3 to 4 stops. I put them both through Nik Dfine.

Testing the Contarex CZ Sonnar 85mm f2 w/ A7R. There is some separation in the lens but not bad for 50 yr old lens. Mostly shots are from home since I am sick and it was arctic temps outside...

3 shot pano
original.jpg

Single shots:
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

You have very beautiful models as well:) Our cats are a Maine Coone and a Persian. They both turnaround their head when I put the camera into their direction, so usually I need a distraction for them to look.

NYC and maybe Mid-NE US had its third coldest February with more snow coming tomorrow.
Serhan, I do like your cat, very handsome :) Get well soon!

Again at home and shots with Contarex CZ Planar 50mm f2 lens (1ft~30cm mfd makes it near macro):

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Hope people don't mind me blowing my own trumpet here but I entered the British Life Photography Awards 2014 last year with several photographs taken with my A7 and various lenses. Two were picked as 'Highly Commended' and are currently on view at an exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London (before touring the UK). They are also reproduced in the book of the exhibition.

The left hand one, taken on the Thames Bank was shortly after I got the A7 and with the FE 55/1.8 which to my mind is just a spectacular landscape lens. This was shot at f1.8 to create a dreamier look rather than a harsh b&w effect.

The right-hand is an unusual weather event called a 'punch' or 'fallstreak' hole and I literally swerved off the road, jumped out the car and I took it with the A7 and my now sold C-Summicron 40/2.

Both printed up really nicely for the exhibition - I was impressed at the detail in both photographs.

Anyway, a good result for me and for Sony as well.

blpapics.jpg

Back