the Cemetery image thread....

thai_grave5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

44661435754_cac9fac305_o.jpg
The Gravestones of St Bartholomew’s, Lostwithiel, Cornwall, UK - UK2016-92 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

St Bartholomew's Church is a parish church of the Church of England Diocese of Truro in Lostwithiel, Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. The church itself is mainly 14th century.

It was interesting to see the headstones leaning up against the wall of the church and the fence. I assume that the graveyard land has been reclaimed for a new purpose.

45352808372_b82502ae39_o.jpg
{B&W} The Gravestones of St Bartholomew’s, Lostwithiel, Cornwall, UK - UK2016-93 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

St Bartholomew's Church is a parish church of the Church of England Diocese of Truro in Lostwithiel, Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. The church itself is mainly 14th century.

It was interesting to see the headstones leaning up against the wall of the church and the fence. I assume that the graveyard land has been reclaimed for a new purpose.

My grandfather, a Calcutta(Kolkata) high court barrister and other members of my family are buried here alongside many East India Company employees and army personnel. The tombstones make for some fascinating reading. Many of them died from illness and at a very young age. Thank you for posting this image as it brings back many happy childhood memories spent in colonial India.

My grandfather, a Calcutta(Kolkata) high court barrister and other members of my family are buried here alongside many East India Company employees and army personnel. The tombstones make for some fascinating reading. Many of them died from illness and at a very young age. Thank you for posting this image as it brings back many happy childhood memories spent in colonial India.
It was also a fascinating visit for us, as it tell so much about the history of Calcutta and people who lived there.

Back