Sony RX100 II error message E.95.01

JayElDee

Rookie
Hello all. This forum was instrumental in my recent decision to purchase the Sony RX100 II. A Christmas gift to myself.
I Previously used and loved a Panasonic LZ8. My other camera is a D700 Nikon.
This is quite a powerhouse of a camera, and I find the learning curve a bit steep, but I am getting there. Right now I am in the middle of Big Bend NP and the Sony has performed well...BUT
Yesterday I started getting an error message flashing on my screen

E. 95.01

The camera seems to be performing well; no symptoms of any errors in mech function or taking pix.

I searched and only came up with one hit and that was for a short thread--4 messages that said 1) send it back, hardware issue and 2) try to re initialize.

I did the re initialize thing and the error message persists.

Any help appreciated.
I got the camera from B&H and I have not yet contacted them. I have had the camera for less than a month. I really do not want to get a refurb back from Sony, and I do not relish the idea of waiting weeks for resolution of this.

Thanks
John
New Orleans

I just checked my RX100 manual and apparently E 95 XX messages indicate hardware errors - the suggestion is to turn the camera off and on (!)

If the problem persists, why don't you contact B&H tomorrow? According to their website, customer service by phone is available 10:00 to 17:00 EST on a Sunday.

(welcome to the site)

-R

Hi, Richard, thanks.

I don't have my manual with me, but there seems to be nothing online in their e manual.
I've already contacted B&H and await their reply. I used the camera all day today and the error message is intermittent. Last night it was up 90% of the time. Today maybe 40%? So, I'm just going to keep using it and see what B&H says.
I cannot discern any "hardware" acting screwy.

This is my first Sony camera. Are they known for reliability and durability, or...?

John

I have been using Sony last 3 years w/ many cameras and haven't seen that error code. So it might better to exchange it. I had one lens went bad (started to make noise, most probably due to lens stabilization) when it was under warranty and sent for repair. At the end they sent back another refurbished lens. In electronics age, replacement might be easier/cheaper...

Although it's a hassle, and I am becoming accustomed to have it with me, I realize that replacement is the best option. Through B&H I have no problem, and I await their response; but, don't know how I feel about getting something refurbished from Sony after paying for a new camera.

Meantime, It's clicking away.

so the camera is going back to B&H for replacement. I miss it!

What is interesting is that over time the error message appeared less and less often. Before I sent it out it was only showing up 10% of the time, from 90+% at first.

just a short followup...B&H took the camera back and their turnaround was exemplary. They received it on Monday morning, and overnighted a new one to me so that I had it by Tuesday morning. Not bad service at all and a satisfied customer.

Back