Sony LR5 and the RX100 mk II

JayElDee

Rookie
IN the lens correction module in 5.latest I do not see the rx100 mkII lens given. When I choose Sony it defaults to the 18-200, and that seems top do a pretty good job? In the histogram section though I do not see exif data being exported to LR from the RX.

Do I have a setting wrong? or is there no default for the RX 100 mk II? I searched the LR website and found nothing

TIA

John

Similar to m43 lenses, RX100 I/II are corrected automatically in LR. You don't have a choice. It comes as a default to the program. Otherwise you should see a big curvature on the raw image wide open where the lens has 10+ distortions.

Thanks, serhan.

JPGs too?

When I choose the 18-200 it seems to straighten things out a bit, am I misreading that?

You're saying that even if no choice whatsoever is made in lens correction, a correction is made on import?

Up in the histogram margin there is no indication of lens, is that correct?

Yes, raw images are corrected while importing based on correction value stored in raw images. Jpg corrections are done by the camera. Corrected image has still .43% distortion per below review, normally a small value:
Google Translate

Back