off to Africa!

Last edited:
You guessed right, Ray! Hope to get it up soon. I can tell you that we didn't get married, as I dropped my phone, with her number on it, in the Niger river some time later...

What? He's still working on this blog thing? Yes, its taking ridiculously long, but I guess it's becoming one of those "to show my future kids" things now...

Since Í'm an arrogant and forgetful idiot, I don't have any photos from one of the most stunning places I visited during my 4 months in Africa:doh:so instead, I asked two other travellers who visited that place for permission to use their photos. I think they help give a pretty good impression of the place, check it out:

A fairy tale with an anti-climax

Heh! there ya go, from the previous post, at the wedding. Perhaps I'm stating the obvious here, but that's not her real hair, and IMO she looked much better 'au naturel' than in her wedding outfit / make-up / hair.
14323197265_4460f3109c_c.jpg
Coumba
by bartjeej, on Flickr
I don't think we could've worked out, but the date was an interesting prospect nonetheless, just for the experience. Before I lost the phone, she called me once to ask me when I was coming back to Atar (where she lived)... I thought it was sweet, but my trip was always going to be a one-way thing with a flight back home at the end.

Back