Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

DP1

2878432519_b895d8ab6c_b.jpg

4843843404_79c3c7b520_b.jpg

2613890796_771750b10e_b.jpg

Prototype, welcome and thanks for adding your photographs to this thread! I'm also really glad that when I click on them I can see them larger and appreciate even more their details - especially the first two...and see more of your work on Flickr. You've obviously gotten this camera down beautifully! My two favorites are the B&W with the pipes (seen larger really shows off the details and tones) and that Chevron sign with the evening sky...

Will, thank you for your three - each shows such a different view and how this camera has worked so well for you, too. Super textures and color in that first one - very nicely framed with the couple down at the base... Your second one, seem almost like a set from a play - with an extremely realistic setting. Don't know if that makes sense or not to you...but it's the static feeling - which I like very much. Great reflection and unusual feeling of light, with the limited color palette.

Thank you for the comments, BBW and Kathy :)

It's certainly a difficult camera and it might seem absurd when I tell someone that the autofocus doesn't work and I simply guess the focusing distance. But I do get some satisfaction when I see that I'm getting better at nailing the focus and composing the image properly using the optical viewfinder. Perhaps when I get a faster camera, I'll realize how bad the camera truly is. But in the mean time, I find it enjoyable.

I at one time really considered the DP1, But when I could not try it nor return it if I did not like it I passed and got the G9. Then the DP2 came out and again, I wanted one and again, I ended up with the G10. Now that I have the LX-5 I doubt that I will ever own one. Well, if a good price came up on a used one, maybe. For now, I will simply enjoy the images on this thread :)

Sorry to put a downer on things but mice are very territorial and it is unlikely to survive the local mice in the area that you moved it too :(

:sad010:

That's interesting Will. I often wonder about raccoons and various other wild animals that are trapped and then moved - in this case the moving didn't seem too far, but it's all relative to their territorial size, I'm sure. I do know that mice can be a scourge when they infiltrate one's house and set up outposts in one's dresser drawers. I lived in a little house in real country once and I was over run...then I had one or two in a little apartment on the second floor or a house in the suburbs around where I live...the mouse used to steal individual pieces of my dog's dry dog food and secret them away in the attic - where I found them hidden in my winter boots!

Well, I didn't know that. My wife and I shall think of what to do the next time.
By the way the mouse was caught during eating of coppa of the best (my opinion) delicatessen shop of Milano.
Jan

Back