Sigma Sigma DP Series Image Thread

DP1s - a first test

hochsitz.jpg

The picture is taken directly into the sun. I think, it is a correct exposure. No colours visible. Test successful.
Comments please.
Jan

The Sigma DP Image Thread

For all you Foveon folks, please show us your Sigma DP photographs!

Looking forward to your magic.

*P.S. edited because I didn't see the original, existing thread.:redface:

That is beautiful! I'm not usually fussed about sunset pics but this one is an exception.

I've posted a lot of mine elsewhere in these forums so I'll try and post different one, to start with at least.
DP1
3975136921_308e718cde_b.jpg

Sigma DP-1. These 3 are sold so I am posting a lesser quality than normal. Obviously, the DP's are good street cameras regardless what people say.

No other camera could have made these images. Why, because the DP1 was in my pocket at the ready...the others were waiting at home.

I'm so glad I started this image thread for you Sigma folks. Wow.

I know that you saw your image and you pushed the shutter button for that moment and vision and I am really glad that this thread brought these pictures out for us all to see.

You know, I searched and missed it! I guess we'll give them a merge.;)

And it is a sticky?!:redface: So weird that I didn't see it.

P.S. Threads now merged into the original sticky thread. Well, at least I drummed up some more new photographs.:love:

Amin that has made me hungry!
The DP2 images seem to have a slightly different look, a more neutral colour perhaps?

I only have the DP1 so here is another from that.
Hussein Chalayan retrospective at the Design Museum London. Very dim lighting
3459246578_3a93f5a949_b.jpg

Food photos from the DP series are fantastic. The Foveon sensor gives food an almost sparkling luster that makes it look extra delicious. If I am doing food photography I try to involve my Sigma cameras somehow.

This past weekend I forced myself to take out my Sigma DP1x and DP2s cameras and use them. I was able to go for a walk through Tilden Park as a respite from a busy weekend full of energetic conversations and kid duties. I ended up with a lot of photos that I like, but I am letting them sit a while so that I can take a step back and properly edit them down. Themes have to float to the surface, make themselves apparent. I have both color and B&W versions of most of them. Though the Sigmas make great B&W conversions I often prefer them in color.

I went off trail for a while and found a thicket of overgrown beauty. We have had record rain this year and everything is lush and rich and dense. In these circumstances it can be difficult to capture what the eye sees, to communicate the lushness, chaotic beauty, and story of the forest, happy to go about its business on nature's time. Each season is different, seemingly each day is different. Always something new to discover.

Here is one that I like.

p671209973-4.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I think I'll keep these cameras. Though I seem to get along better with the DP2s.

In terms of IQ the DPs are still up there with the best in good light. I have not touched my DP1 for months, and took a few shots this morning when walking the dog. I forgot how excellent the lens is. Who is talking about the X1 and X100 optical performance?;)

Back