Fuji Fujifilm S1

Yeah Sue only you :coco:

:laugh1:
What will you trade in m'lady?
The Pentax dSLR?
The Nikon 1?

:p Nothing!

And its just yesterday gotten further off than ever. My cistern gave up the ghost and when I took a look the outlet valve just decided to come loose and out. So on thursday, a trip to the plumbing supply place... if they have the thingy I need, I'll get it and do it myself, but I'm anticipating a total replacement of cistern and that means a plumber. :( IN the meantime its a bucket of water as required.

Well, I *was* still considering this. Until I discovered that likely the only software that will be able to read the RAW files will be whatever comes with the camera. On my mac, only Graphic Converter 9, Picasa 3.9 and darktable can recognise the files well enough to at least load them, but all three do a terrible job of presenting something which can be worked on.

No sign of support by Adobe or Apple. I'm out for the forseeable.

It doesn't look like anyone has snagged an S1...

I was going to buy one for an upcoming beach vacation where I figured it's water and dust-proofness would justify the expenditure. I also figured I'd sell my Nikon P510 for maybe $125, leaving me only $275 out of pocket for the Fuji. But then I figured I'd just use the Nikon and if it gets ruined no great loss. I was trying hard to find a path to the S1 but just couldn't make it work.

But if anyone has one please tell me how great it is and talk me into it. :)

Frankly speaking... I have absolutely no interest in it. A small sensor and far reaches don't mix, in my opinion. If I want long reaches, I will just rent a 75-300mm lens for my OMD... and I believe the weight will be around the same.

Despite lacking WR, Fuji's HS50 seems to get higher marks in the IQ department than the S1. Only zooms out to 1000mm, though. But cheaper than the S1. This may be the one to get.

I think more than a few superzooms will yield better IQ, but ultimately the weather resistance was the only thing driving my interest. Doesn't seem to be quite worth it at the end of the day.

Back