Flickr to Ipernity (SC Group set-up)

I'd love to join you folks, but there's no way I'm up for cleaning out all of my Flickr stuff and moving it somewhere else. I'll just have to settle for your fine company here on Serious Compacts...

And while I wouldn't have chosen the changes Flickr made, I don't see them as the abomination many here seem to. Still works well enough...

-Ray

I'd love to join you folks, but there's no way I'm up for cleaning out all of my Flickr stuff and moving it somewhere else. I'll just have to settle for your fine company here on Serious Compacts...

And while I wouldn't have chosen the changes Flickr made, I don't see them as the abomination many here seem to. Still works well enough...

-Ray

I'm not giving up on Flickr, but I'd like to see how Ipernity works for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

-Ray

But see, Ray, you don't have to "clean out" anything. There's a brilliant import script that brings everything over from flickr, including titles and descriptions. Theres also a script that brings over the sets but I havent been able to get it to work. Or, you can do as some do, and leave the flickr stuff, start over at ipernity.

But of course I take your point about flickr working for you.. thats fine... but just sayin, cleaning out isnt necessary.

A question for user of Ipernity. Is it possible to upload a large hi-res file but ensure that it only displays publicly as a small low res file?

A question for user of Ipernity. Is it possible to upload a large hi-res file but ensure that it only displays publicly as a small low res file?

I wasnt sure so I just uploaded an 11MB to see what was what. (I couldnt remember what rules I had applied when setting it all up). I've restricted viewing to 1024 so no, nobody but me can get to the original. You just have to make sure you set up before uploading/importing anything.

Sue, just to test, can you share a link to this file.....I'd like to see if I can grab the whole thing.
Sorry, Luke, I deleted after I checked. I guess I can upload again. hang on....

OK, here we go. And, while I was uploading again, I had a little poke around in the third party application area. for those who use Picasa... a button to send things to ipernity, Jeffrey Friedl has created a plugin for LR, and of course the usual slew of independent uploader apps.

IMK54541 par Sue Wotton, on ipernity

See what you can do, Luke :)

Back