Flickr to Ipernity (SC Group set-up)

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
I down graded from PRO to normal as I just could not get on with the changes made over a year ago.

Is there any way to get the front page to as it was before the change

Is there something similar to flickr that is as not "in your face"

Ipernity...

I say this as a very satisfied customer, no more. They operate as Flickr did before Yahoo mucked it up. I also find the community much more interactive and friendly. Link in sig.

I still use Flickr, BillN - do have the Pro...but have never switched to the Beta.

What does your front page look like? My "front page" is my photo stream.

My front page was the new style photo stream, now it's back to the old style, thanks to Nick ,,,,,,,,, but I still do not like the changes on the rest of the pages ……. just too much "in your face" for me ……….. I like white space around "things"

I'm going to join the other Bill and say "ipernity". Its almost *exactly* like the old flickr, although layouts are different... I quite like how they do it. And you can write articles as well, sorta like a blog, I guess. Managing photographs is easy peasy. So is importing from flickr. Firefox/greasemonkey/script, job done.

I'm moving all my stuff from Flickr to ipernity asap
much more professional and "soothing" than the "in your face" Flickr - IMHO of course

it's not the sparking plug, looks like the starter motor is "buggered"

So... since interest here appears to be picking up, I have set up a Serious Compacts group on Ipernity. I've invited Luke and Sue 'cos I am linked to them already - I can't find how to invite you, Bill, but all here are welcome! I have made it a public group, open to all, in the hope that we will get people joining the group who are not - yet - members here... :D

Post your best - this is a good opportunity to showcase the best work from here on Ipernity.

As a rule, I would generally avoid any group that would have me as a member, but with Sue and two Bills aboard, I have made an exception. I'm in.

That's good, just had my left knee X-rayed, but I back at my screen (waiting for my afternoon "cuppa" and a few squares of chocolate)
Spring here in SW france - but it I still have to "fire up" the log burners every evening.

Back