News Kodak jumping back into the pool

well it's a bit different than that. It's actually a company named JK Imaging buying the name to try to add some brand name awareness to their products. Some interesting aspects of their line-up. But I feel like the m43 system line-up is fairly complete. Maybe they can make some headway in other markets, but I certainly don't see them getting any shelf space in camera shops in the US or big box stores. Too little and too late, likely. And I read somewhere that the user interface and operating speed of the camera is positively first generation.

I wish them luck. I also hope the products are fairly decent in quality. All too often these companies have dreams of importing Asian stuff and selling them hand over fist only to be plagued by poor quality products. If the 400mm tele is cheap enough I may pick one up. The 360 degree video cam is interesting. They might be a step above the rest as they are working with a Taiwanese company and not mainland China. Taiwan is currently at a good stage for products - good quality but still affordable - where the japanese were in the 1970s-1980s.

They're running out of time. Unless they have something "new" to offer, they will not survive. IMHO.
smile.gif

Back