Nikon Setting brightness on V1

Wetstuff

Rookie
.. I am unable to adjust it for a custom setting? I can get the + side to highlight in yellow.. but the yellow arrow remains on the - side ..and the number in the center (0) is unaffected by no matter what I touch? * ...'maybe in aperture priority mode it locks you out? I am always late to the party. I have only had this for one week. Thanks.

Jim

* pressing that Up/Down bar gets you an interesting screen...?

I have the J1 so I'm not sure it works the same.
We are talking about monitor brightness, right.
When you are in the monitor brightness menu click on the bottom part of the control wheel, that will give you negative brightness. Clicking on the top part of the control wheel will give you positive brightness.
When you get the number you want click okay.

Sent from my HTC One V using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Walt, No.. I think this is for the lens not the display. The other sliders on this menu are adjustable...

camera.JPG

Jim

Jim I hadn't tried adjusting brightness before.
I just tried it. It looks like you only get 3 choices. Negative brightness, 0, or positive brightness.
It will save your choice of the 3.
Not much adjustment, is it.
I would think this adjustment is for adjustment of the picture not the lens.

Sent from my HTC One V using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Right you are Walt .. only 3 choices. I was expecting the numeral in the center to increase/decrease..? I shot a pic and it was too brite for my taste on the + side. I will play with Neutral and Negative brightness to find my champion.

By lens.. I did mean the picture vs. the display on the back. We are on the same page. Cheers. Jim

Back