Sony $511 Sony repair estimate for RX1

For what it's worth, I too had excellent, Way above the call of duty service from Sony Laredo. My NEX6 broke under warranty and it seemed like they replaced Everything inside of it, then, they sent it back to me in India free of charge via FedEx which must have cost them $50 minimum (woulda cost a 'civilian' over $100 to send it that way). THEN after Indian Customs rejected it (don't ask, it's a long sad story), Sony picked up the FedEx tab to return it to the USA, AND the shipping to a friend who eventually brought it back over here for me! WOW! I love to sing praises to the Sony Service Center, as they deserve it, and also it seems that Sony gets ragged on too much, too often.
Rob

My display on the RX1 is showing cloudy if power is off - sony berlin rejected any repair cost for a new display which cost abt €80 so far for a 2 1/2 Year old camera. The repair service told me that sonys display is a trashy one and is not the first time to be a need of repair on Sonys RX1

I had a stuck AF and Precision (Enfield, CT) charged the generic $300. The enclosed slip said that they gave it the modern equivalent of the old fashioned CLA.

Back