For Luke: A day early, but Happy Record Store Day!

Happy record store day, Luke. Man, I love the look of your store.

I have my parents in town this weekend, so think I will be missing it this year. I usually head down to Electric Fetus for the bands, food trucks and, oh yeah, records. I did see one on the list this year that I will probably pick up:

BuiltToSpillRSD.jpeg

I try to distance myself from record collectors who define themselves by the fact that they collect records (which would be everyone in that book). As one facet of a well rounded personality, collecting records can be a very rewarding hobby.

Luke,
That looks like a great record! I bet there are some real gems on it.
If you have any left after the big day, let me know. I might order one from you.

This is the one I am most excited about....... Pop Yeh Yeh - Psychedelic Rock from Singapore and Malaysia 1964-1970 Vol.1 (you can hear samples here Pop Yeh Yeh: Psychedelic Rock from Singapore and Malaysia: 1964-1970: Vol. 1 - Various Artists | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic ) .... I probably ordered too many.

In support I've just played 2 albums on my deck The Gutter Brothers & Ella Fitzgerald
tomorrow I'll start the day with Ry Cooder Bop till you drop

Simply ReD

So a good day Luke?
Images on the news here in Oz - stores were absolutely chockers (full), folks were lining the streets to get into the notoriously small stores (on a one in one out basis) and a few stores had die-hards sleeping on the doorstep for an advance in the queue. :hmmm: I need to buy my another turntable.

Back