Sony New guy with questions....

Sony makes a semi hard protector. I've been using those since i've owned a NEX 7. I used to think they would not be necessary since I owned DSLRS before from the big two but Sony's LCDS are really easy to scratch. My NEX 7 got a minor but sometimes noticeable scratch (visible when you had a solid colour area on and around it) and I read a few others that had similar experiences to me. Ever since i've covered the lcd with Sony's own semi hard protector since some scratches (I know this because of a phone I used to have) are a bit too deep and can get to the plastic LCD. The semi hard protector adds an extra mm or so of peace of mind.

Screen protector

The only screen protector I would recommend is this glass one by LARMOR, only $15 at Amazon.

I tried the Sony one and did not like as it gets scratched and makes it hard to see.

Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/LARMOR-Self-A...-1&keywords=Sony+Rx100+glass+screen+protector

Do you have a picture of the AA wrist strap? I am just curious as to what it looks like.

Well the owner sent me three batteries plus the OEM hood and the Sony plug in wall charger. I was not expecting the oe hood so I had already ordered the Fotodiox kit with the hand grip and the hood. It also came with a AA camera strap, while a nice strap, too me it seems to big so I have placed a order for a braided leather strap that should be here next week. I really liked your UNX 8118 lens hood it seems to be a copy of the Leica hood for the older 21mm f 3.4 and the Vr 2 28mm hood. Also the camera came with a B+W Uva MRC 010 filter, so except for the EVF and a ND filter and maybe a Pol I should be set. I do have one question do you need to have a protector for the lcd? I know on some cameras the coating on the lcd would come off if you did not have a protector on it. But I don't seem to find any information on the RX-1 forums about that so I guess it is not a problem??

Thanks for your recommendations.

wbill

Mutlu,

No it's a camera strap, not a wrist strap easy mistake to make. I have a wrist strap on my old Nex 3, it's ok but I found out I am not a wrist strap kind of guy. So I have stuck with neck straps since then. With that LARMOR lcd protector do you still have the auto brightness work on the lcd screen. I know when I got a screen protector for my old Nex 3 it covered up the sensor for the lcd brightness.

wbill

Well the owner sent me three batteries plus the OEM hood and the Sony plug in wall charger. I was not expecting the oe hood so I had already ordered the Fotodiox kit with the hand grip and the hood. It also came with a AA camera strap, while a nice strap, too me it seems to big so I have placed a order for a braided leather strap that should be here next week. I really liked your UNX 8118 lens hood it seems to be a copy of the Leica hood for the older 21mm f 3.4 and the Vr 2 28mm hood. Also the camera came with a B+W Uva MRC 010 filter, so except for the EVF and a ND filter and maybe a Pol I should be set. I do have one question do you need to have a protector for the lcd? I know on some cameras the coating on the lcd would come off if you did not have a protector on it. But I don't seem to find any information on the RX-1 forums about that so I guess it is not a problem??

Thanks for your recommendations.

wbill

I never use protectors on short-lifespan items like smart phones, etc. But knowing that I would keep the RX1 for a long time, and knowing that the LCD is (oddly) just plastic, I ordered the matching Sony protector along with the camera. It fits perfectly (of course) and provides all the protection the screen needs. I regularly carry the camera in various pockets in my clothes, and so far the protector has not a single scratch. Obviously, if you're rough with your camera, your mileage will vary. But I think the factory protector is great insurance against a minor scratch, which would otherwise ruin the LCD.

Back