Sony Loving this lens!

im loving mine too. i couldnt imagine what would ever motivate me to sell my x100--until i shot the rx1. after several months it continues to amaze me.

Yeah, it's pretty wonderful, isn't it? Lens, sensor, the whole package... If they ever released a second one with a built in EVF and just one or two tweaks to the firmware (just give us some ability to choose a minimum shutter speed in auto-ISO, "A" mode instead of defaulting to 1/80 all the time) and I'd have to consider it again. If they did one at more of a 24-28mm focal length, I don't think there's any question I'd buy one and shoot with only that the vast majority of the time.

The current lens is actually a good bit wider than 35mm, despite the 35mm designation. I compared it to various other 35mm and 35mm equivalents and the RX1 is clearly wider. X100, X100s, Nex with Zeiss 24, Fuji 23mm f1.4, Nikon 35mm f2.0 - the RX1 is clearly wider than any of 'em. I read an article with a more technical analysis than I could do that concluded it was more like 32mm, which I can believe. I think that's probably part of why I liked the RX1 as much as I did despite not loving the 35mm focal length all that much generally.

-Ray

Back