So disappointed :frown:

That's a terrible way to treat customers, they don't deserve to stay in business. Some people are easily sucked in to the "upselling" pitch, so companies like this get away with it which why they carry on trading. We have pretty stringent tradng laws here in the UK, especially for distance selling, i.e internet / mail order etc but I wonder how a customer would fare in the same situation here?

There was a similar thread last week on a large sportscar forum that I visit, which concerned the selling of insurance. The telesales staff at one particular insurer would give a price for a policy, then try to coerce the customer into paying for it there and then by saying they couldn't guarantee to hold the same price if they went away to think about it and came back later. It's purely dodgy trading, and illegal practice, as whatever price they give you over the phone has to remain in place for 14 days apparently. Yet quite a few people who were unaware of the fact had fallen for it, which again is why they get away with it! I think as a result of that one thread they lost a lot of custom.

I'm going to preface my remarks by saying that I'm in a bit of a mood this morning.

Here's the thing... unless I have been hiding under a rock of some kind and the universe has shifted sideways, the EM5 is neither a fixed lens camera, nor is its sensor less than 1" in size: also, its not even really about the camera, but about a seller... so can this thread please be moved to the correct place (watering hole? olympus larger than 1"?), and can people please pay a little bit of attention to where they post. 3 pages and nobody else has has noticed???

I came in to see what new pix had been posted from a small Oly. Nothing.

Sorry Sue, I never notice those things since I only navigate the site through the recent discussions. I am absolutely oblivious to what threads are in what sub-fora. I have moved it to the watering hole in case anyone who likes general chit chat wasn't finding it in the Olympus small sensor area. ;)

Sorry Sue, I never notice those things since I only navigate the site through the recent discussions. I am absolutely oblivious to what threads are in what sub-fora. I have moved it to the watering hole in case anyone who likes general chit chat wasn't finding it in the Olympus small sensor area. ;)

You can't be on top of all of it.
:rant:
Arent there any other mods? In such a big forum, it would seem logical to have more than one. One per section would make more sense to me, but then, I dont own the forum (yes, Amin, lookin at you who participated earlier in the thread) :p

Yes, there are. But like Luke I browse en masse, 90% of the time via Tapatalk, and concern myself more with spammers and the occasional bout of un-called for rudeness. Thread location is not therefore high on my agenda.

Note to self: must pay more attention...

[puts 'phablet down and turns back to Quantum of Solace]

Thanks for changing it Luke, I think my anger must have completely blinded me :rolleyes:
Just an update I have ordered another EM5 from B&H and got a good deal on the Oly 45 for $299 so I'm happy, should be here Monday.

Well, I don't think we have any rules about sharing negative experiences with specifics about businesses. Plenty of people have complained about Amazon from time to time, while others have extolled their business virtues.

I remember in ye olden days there were certain camera stores in NYC, well known ones, that just had bad reputations...and I would still feel uncomfortable ordering from them now, though there reps may well have improved. In the last years...maybe 8 or so, I've only used B&H, Adorama and Amazon. I tend to prefer B&H due to their return policies, etc. - as in the expect people to try their cameras.

I was concerned to read your posting; the Adorama return policy is as follows:

Customer Service, Help, Ordering Info, Ways to Shop & more
For the first 30 days after your purchase you may return merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges. Simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form. All returns must meet our guidelines.

This appears to be the same as:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/ReturnExchange.jsp
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to B&H within 30 days of purchase date subject to conditions below. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within two business days of receipt of merchandise

If you have been refused a return to Adorama because you had tried a camera out, then this is a serious breach of our policy by a member of staff. Firstly, please accept my deepest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused; if you can please email me with the order number and forward me any relevant emails from the staff member concerned then I can assure you this will have my immediate attention.

Once again my apologies, and I very much look forward to hearing from you and to making this right as quickly as possible.

Not sure if it was a side effect of mentioning this company's name in this thread... but when I went back to the seriouscompacts.com main page (after reading this thread) I promptly got a banner ad for 42 photo...

Could of course be pure coincidence and I just never paid attention to their ads before :tongue:
Banner ads?? doesn't everyone use AdBlock? I haven't seen a single banner ad since installing it. I felt hounded by Amazon and their [you have just bought X, would you like to buy something very similar to X] algorithm.

Back