Micro 4/3 Micro 4/3 samples

Really! Why is that? Any image examples you can post?

Ok, I appear to have deleted the offending images. It's not all of them that are bad but a few looked like nothing was in focus . I know the camera is capable . A slowish shutter speed arms length selfie was sharp as a knife.
I think I need to , 1/try another lens. 2/switch off stabilisation .
Or do you think looking at Sigma Merrill files is spoiling me.
I'm going to shoot a few off tonight if it stops raining. Part of me hopes all is ok but the other part wants to see if it really does take duff shots

I think it's spoiled me!
I've just taken the M10 back to John Lewis to see is I could exchange it for another but trying one camera out against another there was no difference , so I've still got it for now.
The point is that the tiny Sony RX100 takes clearer images ..end of story.

I've tried the M10 with various lenses of known quality , had the stabiliser on and off , tried various noise settings ( usually off ) and still the images lack detail ,,even the 20mm 1.7 prime looks very mediocre.
Images lack both detail and contrast and remind me of the kind of resolution we were getting from the 6mps mode on the Fuji X10.
I'm not familiar with shutter shock or the absence of a moire filter and wonder if these are issues.
I'll give myself a week to find a solution.

14128061462_671fc889a2_b.jpg

This is an example from RAW using PhotNinja where I would have expected the wood and screws to have been rendered with more detail.
If PhotoNinja can't pull detail out it's just not there!

I think it's spoiled me!
I've just taken the M10 back to John Lewis to see is I could exchange it for another but trying one camera out against another there was no difference , so I've still got it for now.
The point is that the tiny Sony RX100 takes clearer images ..end of story.

I've tried the M10 with various lenses of known quality , had the stabiliser on and off , tried various noise settings ( usually off ) and still the images lack detail ,,even the 20mm 1.7 prime looks very mediocre.
Images lack both detail and contrast and remind me of the kind of resolution we were getting from the 6mps mode on the Fuji X10.
I'm not familiar with shutter shock or the absence of a moire filter and wonder if these are issues.
I'll give myself a week to find a solution.

14128061462_671fc889a2_b.jpg

This is an example from RAW using PhotNinja where I would have expected the wood and screws to have been rendered with more detail.
If PhotoNinja can't pull detail out it's just not there!

I think thats pretty good. I think my issues might lie with the way it deals with foliage and furry dogs . Would it be ok to say smeared ?

Chances are you'd get somewhat higher resolution/microcontrast from the X10 (ISO100). I'm too wondering what's wrong here ...

View attachment 90890

Original part of the image looks too smeary to me

And yet other times some of the best yellows from any digital and sharp too

14095294975_743d179205_b.jpg

LATER:
Contrary to what some users have reported my EM10 appears to suffer from shutter shock. I've added a 1/8 second delay to the shutter and things seem a bit better.

Those yellows look a bit green on my monitor. Regarding detail: I'm getting exactly what I expected. Better detail and more resolution than my Nikon V1 with 18.5mm. Of course a mFT camera can't match the detail of the Sigma Merrill, I would be worried for Sigma if they could. MFT also can't match APSC or FF with best lenses available for the two formats. But did anyone expect the opposite? I sure didn't.

Hope to share some shots I have taken throughout the years. C&C most welcomed.

1)
9103144271_c3a15182d2_b.jpg

2)
9103129845_95d9ca8b62_b.jpg

3)
8730302041_d1c850ab4e_b.jpg

Back