Leica Leica X1 Image Thread

Congrats Bruce! Is this your 3rd time owning an X1 or do you actually have three of them? I've always liked the rendering of photos that I've seen from the X1.

No, 3rd owning, not all at the same time. I've had and traded them for one thing or another. My first was black, second steel and this one the steel grey. I look at previous images taken and they've always pleased me. I've shot with the latest resolution monsters and I too prefer the rendering of the lowly X1. It's a more contemplative form of shooting given the often overly deliberate auto-focus, but I love the thing.

Glamor shot of the new kit, courtesy of my 5D MkII/100mm 2.8 macro. Little pocketable jewel..
20150413-IMG_4522.jpg

Here are a few more from my last X1, base ISO, JPG straight out of the camera. I've had no other camera besides the M9/50 Summilux, that has this kind of IQ. To me this is as good as it gets. When I see DXO Mark giving these things a such a poor IQ rating really is laughable. This is as good if not better than anything I've previously owned, and I've owned almost everything.

20140419-L1001827.jpg
20140419-L1001831.jpg
20140419-DSC04162.jpg

It's nice to see some ongoing enthusiasm for this camera. I just got my first in February, and I'm just loving it. This shot is posted elsewhere, but I thought I'd put it up here too. The work of an unrepentant graffiti artist, apparently. I think that is a warrior spray can from the looks of the head gear.
L2290668-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back