The 32nd Serious Compacts Salon Challenge - Life - Winnner Announced!

Congrats Retow, a very life affirming shot. I had a feeling that it would be the winner ;) I somehow managed to miss the whole of the first page of entries..... :reface: probably by viewing on my iPad which is rather slow now. Well done Peter for taking the time to consider each entry...... slightly relieved that mine wasn't the winner as I'm not sure I could do such a good job.

Nicely judged and thoughtfully analyzed...

Retow's winning photograph is......a great photo. Worthy of respect and thought and appreciation not only for the reasons listed....but others as well.

The best tribute I can pay is in the words of Henri Cartier-Bresson, who once said - “Your eye must see a composition or an expression that life itself offers you, and you must know with intuition when to click the camera.”

Think about that. And the words "that life itself offers you" - and having the intuition to know when to click the shutter. This chalenge - the entries - and the winner - all embody Cartier-Bresson's elusive ideals. Bravo!

Congratulations, Retow! It was absolutely an amazing image and what spurred me to enter as well as shoot more in general. :) Thank you to Peter, and to everyone who submitted! While the theme itself was already inspiring enough, everyone's shots were wonderful to see. I'm still a newbie, but looking forward to participating in more themes from here on out!

Back