The 32nd Serious Compacts Salon Challenge - Life - Winnner Announced!

pniev

Student for life
The 32nd Serious Compacts Salon Challenge – LiFE

During the aftermath of the recent MH017 crash a lot of photos and stories are published of people who perished in that flight. People like you and me. It reminded me (again) how precious and fragile our lives are. So I thought to opt for the theme LIFE as a tribute to human life on earth.

Interpret any way you wish. Shoot people, people interacting, people-animal interaction, a cell, places or anything else that is a tribute to life for you and makes you smile, happy, sentimental, or anything else.

Fresh images are preferable. The fun part is to go out and shoot. But feel free to browse your archives as well!

I do hope this will be a loooong thread. And I am sure we’ll see some spectacular shots! I am looking forward to seeing the results.

Good luck and have fun!

The salon starts today July 23 and shall run for approx. 2 weeks, ending appr. August 9, 2014
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules are simple................

1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter it.

2. There are several ways to add your photos to the current salon thread: 1. upload your entry to your SC user gallery (all entries must be present in an SC gallery), which you automatically get if you are registered on the SC forum, so if you aren`t registered you will need to if you would like to join the fun. (Don't know about the "gallery" yet? Then read this: SC Gallery FAQ please read it carefully if you are new to using the site's software.) 2. embed from Flickr or another similar web hosting photo site and 3. use the attachment method. All three are explained here:How to post images in forum threads

3. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

4. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!

5. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Salon Challenge and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the SC Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

6. The curator can't enter his or her own salon. (Wanna Bet?)

7. Please, don´t be shy...Participate and have fun!

8. Each salon should be open for about two weeks.

Okay, I am starting with my submission to give you a first impression of this great chosen topic.

I shot this during the last holiday (and I'll replace this with something different in case I get a good shot in the time span of the competition), but I really like this image because it shows how small and lonely we are (and our life is) as a single individual in the world. But our impact on the world is quite immense, but can be destroyed by the nature, just think about the footsteps on the image... ;)

13653095893_057cef0029_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Impact von Matt Everglade auf Flickr

I am excited to see your submissions :)

Cheers,
Matt

DSC09878.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sita in the coffee shop

Great thread so far. Great challenge. Great - and rather philosophical and inspiring - images, too. And there are so many different ways to interpret this .... it's hard to just cull out one and say, Voila! this is the essence of 'it' .... the essence of .... 'life'.

Here's my entry - my young-at-heart but quite old, biologically, friend Sita, who left her native Brazil many years ago, and who has a fondness for dolls, stuffed animals, and reading the fortunes of strangers in coffee shops with her beautiful Tarot-like Spirit Cards. In this photo, she's sitting in a local small-town coffee shop in the tiny southern Oregon town where I happened to run into her one morning, she's got the cards spread out on the table before her, and she's also brought her stuffed eagle along with her - because, she believes, sometimes we need helpers.

12548092254_e30c0b342a_c.jpg
Sita with Eagle by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

Back