i feel so OLD (help)

I use an Android phone for my music player. Why?.. because you can connect it to your Mac or PC with a USB cable and just copy files to it like a USB drive.
Open the music player app on the phone it sees them and it plays nearly all formats. With the Apple device you have to transfer using iTunes.

In Australia there is at least one carrier that will put a phone you have bought outright (provided its not network locked) on the air for $0/month. You only pay for outgoing calls and texts.
Maybe some carrier in the US does this?

I use an Android phone for my music player. Why?.. because you can connect it to your Mac or PC with a USB cable and just copy files to it like a USB drive.
Open the music player app on the phone it sees them and it plays nearly all formats. With the Apple device you have to transfer using iTunes.

I would go this route (well at least an Android tablet) except for the fact that I encoded all of my CDs into Apple Lossless format. I know I could go FLAC or some other non-Apple format, but we have a few things (car stereo, home stereo) that work seamlessly with Apple products. They keep you sucked into their ecosystem, but on the plus side, everything works pretty well together.

I have no idea what my Dell Venue 8 pro does in terms of what you are planning, Luke, but it is my usual portable music player -- except at the gym when I use a really small Sandisk clip.

As for technology? I still think email is wonderful: That's how old I am! And I think communicating in full sentences is cool!

Back