An informal poll . . . what describes your approach to photography?

I am exceptionally pleased someone asks this and in such a simplified way.

I am nearly totally B but try try so hard to do some A. However I find that the lack of inspiration hampers me.
When I have time to let my mind wander I can come up with some ideas for A but often time constraints mean it does not happen.
I have one great idea for an A but technically have not seen a method to achieve it - still working on it.

I carry a camera a lot in case of B, particularly on weekends. Hence my affection for the high quality compact, like the Ricoh GR, Nikon A, Sigma DP and the RX1.

A in terms of % of images, B in terms of % of time. I do go on planned shooting expeditions and they produce a much higher image count.

^ That. I think I'm becoming more of an A type at the moment, but used to be entirely B (I used to live by the motto: Never without a lens ... took my Minox GT and later GT-E whereever I went). There are still times where B is the only option, and it's definitely better than nothing. But I enjoy A much more, and it yields more and better results (though I'm still nothing but a seeker). So, A is what I want and look forward to, B is what I sometimes am stuck with.

M.

I like to be A, but don't often have enough free time. So I have started to be B more often. I find that I often take my camera along with me and never use it, though. So I think work better as an A where I'm really LOOKING for images instead of hoping one comes my way.

I have my cellphone and often a small camera wherever I go. If I decide on an excursion, hiking or whatnot, I take whatever I feel I will need. So I guess a little of both.

Back