Olympus Olympus Trip-D

Name
Andy
Has anyone got any news about this camera? There is a lot of hoo hub about the 'soon to be announced' Panasonic LX8 but I can't find that much info on the Trip-D.

Both these cameras have got me really interested, more so than the Sony RX100. I have an Olympus Trip film camera at hone on my mantlepiece and love it so a digital version would be great.

So do we think these are a good idea? Anyone interested in getting one on release?

I don't think I'm in the market for a Trip-D myself, but since the original Olympus Trip was my first camera it's a name which has great associations for me. It was a true design classic, and very practical for travel photography - no batteries required.

I'm very interested to see which aspects of the original model are picked up by the digital descendent.

-R

Yeah I'm interested too, and might be in the market a year or so from now.

I do hope - really, really hope - that they'll release it with some other focal length than 28 or 35mm equivalent; for me at least, focal length is the most important differentiator in cameras. Or if they do make it 28 or 35, then at least give the camera some useful features that the others don't, or a radically lower price point (but then I don't see it being much cheaper than the GRD).

Like Andy, I also own an Olympus Trip35 which I love (still works), and I'd love to see a digital version of the Trip. Since Olympus is the one behind that model or the XA models im not expecting anything bigger than m43 in terms of sensor. But id love to see a 40mm lens. Since I dont like the waiting game I bought an em10 with the Panasonic 20mm. That is my olympus trip35 which is roughly the same size for the time being.

Im waiting for the first one to give me a fast f2/1.8 or faster 40mm lens on a Trip35 or smaller size body. hopefully with an APSC sensor. and Im only hoping for Ricoh or Olympus to do so. Sadly Im not expecting much until Photokina or after, so perhaps 2015 or maybe xmas the earliest.

Bring that 'seriouscompact' Olympus. And while you are at it, you can start scamping ideas for an XA1-D as well.

All high IQ fixed lens compacts get my attention.
It's IQ will have to be good to compete with the likes of the X100/DP series/GR series/ Nikon A etc.

An E-M10 with either a Pany 20mm or Oly 17mm is pretty ideal for 'that' type of camera. It will be interesting to see what they bring out. I think it will be something to replace the E-PM2 with a fixed lens and viewfinder. The price I think will be lower than an E-M10 kit which will be great.

All high IQ fixed lens compacts get my attention.
It's IQ will have to be good to compete with the likes of the X100/DP series/GR series/ Nikon A etc.

Back