Completed Panasonic Lumix LX7 + Accessories | Location: USA | Ships: US/Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
Selling
Panasonic Lumix LX7 + Accessories

Prices
$275 obo

Ships to
US/Canada

Description
If you’re reading this, you probably know some of the capacities of the Lumix LX7, one of the better ‘serious’ compact cameras for photographers. The camera is a clone of the significantly more expensive Leica D-Lux 6 (made by Panasonic for Leica) and features a remarkable Leica-designed f/1.4 zoom lens which goes from the equivalent of a traditional ultra wide angle (24mm) to a moderate portrait telephoto (90mm) with convenient stops on the power zoom (for the 28mm, 35mm and 50mm focal lengths). The LX7 also features a very cool macro focusing mode - focusing down to 1cm - making this tiny camera into a useful close-up photo tool.

It’s loaded with usable and convenient features that seem to have been designed by photographers for photographers, including an aperture/click ring on the lens (incredibly useful for changing f stops in A/Aperture priority mode) - easy change modes (AF/autofocus, MF/manual focus, Macro). Atop the lens is another switch allowing instant format changes between traditional formats (4:3 or 3:2), wide (16:9) and square (1:1). With the lens retracted, it’s small enough to be almost pocketable.

I’m also including several very cool and truly functional accessories - an automatic lens cap that instantly opens or closes when the camera’s turned on (and thus never gets lost); a Custom SLR ProDot Shutter Button (the tiny red button atop the shutter release) that allows for smoother shooting and just plain looks cool; an an extra third-party battery allowing for longer shooting sessions in the field or on trips. There’s also an excellent LCD protector on the rear screen, installed by the original owner. I’m the 2nd owner; this camera has been well used, cared for, and never abused.

The camera can be used as a simple but powerful point-on-shoot on P (Program) or iAuto modes; it has dozens of built-in preset shooting options and modes, including a range of cool in-camera Art Filters - Panasonic calls them Creative Control filters - that allow a wide range of looks, tones and cool effects. There’s a built-in flash, and the hot shoe accepts Panasonic’s excellent and affordable EVF/external viewfinder (NOT included in this sale) that is a big plus shooting on bright sunny days. All in all, I think it’s one of the best compact cameras ever made. There are dozens of excellent reviews on the LX7 on photo websites and all over the web so I won’t bore you with any more details - but the bottom line is, this is a great camera - whether as a backup to your too-heavy DSLR or mu4/3 - or a pocketable but powerful compact photographic tool.

You can see the clever lens cap OPEN in this photo -

LXL7#1.jpg

And here you can see the lens cap in the CLOSED position -

LXL7#3 (front w:cap).jpg

This view shows the top of the camera - with the cool ProDot red shutter button - also visible is the aspect/format selector switch, atop the lens barrel -

LXL7#5 (top).jpg

Here is a view of the bottom of the camera (the slightly flimsy plastic door which covers the battery/card compartment is one of the few 'cheap' elements to this otherwise remarkably well-built camera) -

LXL7#6 (bottom).jpg

A rear view of the camera showing the excellent screen in action -

LXL7#7 (rear:screen).jpg

A view of the side of the lens, showing the clever (and often used) selector switch for changing between AF / MF (Manual focus) / and Macro -

LXL7#11 (left side switches).jpg

And finally a view of some of the original software, charger, extra battery, strap, etc (Note: camera does have the original Box)

LXL7#2 (overview).jpg

Why am I selling it? Because in spite of my serious fondness for it, I’m not using it enough. And it deserves to be used more.

NOTE: I also have a beautiful small aftermarket case which fits the LX7 perfectly and clips onto a belt (made meticulously by Clik Elite) that is not part of the package, but which I will consider selling as well.

Payment accepted
  • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
Shipping method
USPS Priority to US; normal post to Canada

Shipping charge
Included in the price

Handling time
1-2 business days

References
eBay: miguelatf

Additional comments
  • Open to reasonable offers below asking price
  • Open to trade offers
  • Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address
Acknowledgement
  • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back