Feedback Brainstorming a new name for the site

Status
Not open for further replies.
While a good title to aspire to, I think that "It's not the camera" is wildly inaccurate for this forum. I think that we need to accept that just because this forum isn't aligned to a particular brand or format doesn't mean that it is not gear-centric.

I like someone's earlier suggestion of "f8 and be there", but as a nod to our compact roots (and the greater DOF inherant therein), maybe "f5.6 and be there". Probably too obscure but it says so much with so little...

-Ray

While a good title to aspire to, I think that "It's not the camera" is wildly inaccurate for this forum. I think that we need to accept that just because this forum isn't aligned to a particular brand or format doesn't mean that it is not gear-centric.

I like a title with a heavy dose of irony. :) We all say "it's the photographer, not the gear" and then talk gear all day. This forum is actually on the tail of the distribution when it comes to talking technique and images vs. gear. We are very rare in having very little confrontational brand bias.

I still like Gear & Photo best. I liked Photographer's Asylum too, but my wife says it sounds too dark, and she pays the server bills :).

I still like Gear & Photo best.

If it must change, then I would want at least equal emphasis on the image aspect, a camera that's not used for making images is no more use than a door stop, also actions speak loader than words, so lets use a title that encourages people to take photographs, not talk about doing it, but actually doing it!

Barrie

:)

One of the nice aspects of this forum is the lack of "this lens is crap" threads. Photography involves equipment and it's nice to have civil discussions about it, especially in these days when many of us can't even hold a camera before buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back